Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree18691Likes

Thread: What little pesties did you bowl over today?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Quack View Post
    I didn't bowl it but I had to deal with it, funny as hell
    Attachment 73888
    Wondering why your light stopped working?

Haha nah not my light, was working in a house and noticed the lamp had liquid run lines down it, owner had been wondering what the weird smell was for a few days

Last weekend, got some time to go for a walk that turned into a great hunt. Personal best with the 17 HMR at 182 mtrs. Slowly stretching it out. Strange rifle, shoots like shit if clean but is a tack driver once barrel is dirty.
    Handy that as I hate cleaning guns all the time
    I shot 57 for the afternoon, actually ran out of ammo in the end . I was going to post another picture of dead rabbits but I have done that plenty lately so thought I would post something different, the North Island boys in particular may find it interesting.
    Yep that's rabbit shit and only a small area, the whole paddock is like it. Gives you an idea of numbers and this even has some green grass in the photo. Once summer hits it's just brown, dusty and covered in Rabbit poo.
    The paddock has a healthy population but not crazy.Name:  rabbit poo.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  1.16 MB
    veitnamcam, Dundee, Munsey and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    looks like a sthil
    so you guys will cut me some slack

Last weekend, got some time to go for a walk that turned into a great hunt. Personal best with the 17 HMR at 182 mtrs. Slowly stretching it out. Strange rifle, shoots like shit if clean but is a tack driver once barrel is dirty.
    I shot 57 for the afternoon, actually ran out of ammo in the end . I was going to post another picture of dead rabbits but I have done that plenty lately so thought I would post something different, the North Island boys in particular may find it interesting.
    Yep that's rabbit shit and only a small area, the whole paddock is like it. Gives you an idea of numbers and this even has some green grass in the photo. Once summer hits it's just brown, dusty and covered in Rabbit poo.
    The paddock has a healthy population but not crazy
    given its been eaten and recycled a few times that points to a lot of rabbits there for a fair while

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    so you guys will cut me some slack

given its been eaten and recycled a few times that points to a lot of rabbits there for a fair while
    Damned crepuscular coprophages!

Sent from my GT-I8190T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    The paddock has a healthy population but not crazy.Attachment 73947
    Bloody hell were you standing on a ladder?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Bloody hell were you standing on a ladder?
    That photo is taken with my feet just out of the shot, area would be approx 1mtr x 2mtrs.
    Dundee and Maca49 like this.

If it goes hard, be careful, it will be like walking on ball bearings!!
    SlimySquirrel and FatLabrador like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Toz 16 single shot.
    Attachment 73840
    yep fine wee weapon.mines model17-5shot had it for 40yrs now-suppressor fitted 25 or so ago by paulus manders in CHCH-very nice .presently in hands of GSPF who makes a wee habit of outshooting me with the bloody thing!!
    Shearer likes this.

What is it? Marlin 917?

yep a 917, an older model that's not produced anymore. Semi bull fluted stainless barrel. Doesn't have the new style trigger either so it's had a trigger job done as it was terrible before.
    All in all not a bad rifle.

Mate, they're awesome. Mine was super accurate when fouled up. Only ever pulled a snake through and it stayed a tack driver. My mate cleaned it when he bought it and it took ages to foul up and regain it's tack driving status.
    Beaker likes this.

That looks like plague proportions of rabbits.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

My 233 managed 4 out of 50 odd birds, all long shots heaps of fun Name:  20170816_130227.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  1.16 MB

that is wicked, never seen that much shit before