Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 16 Post By stingray
  • 1 Post By Rees
  • 2 Post By Shearer

Thread: the "3 boots" rule, seeking contact with forumgoer

the "3 boots" rule, seeking contact with forumgoer

hey gents, a while ago we talked about Boots an all things boots, a comment that stood out to me was in particular about "3 boots" , it was basically something along the lines of Newbie deer hunters , and something to do with by the time you wear the 3rd pair of boots out, you'll know what your doing etc........

i believe it was someone off this forum who spoke of it........ if you know more to this story or are infact the dude im chasen... shoot me a PM please....

lets elaborate

Thanks!

the picture is for attention.

The only three boot law I know belongs on the joke thread…

Blokes out duck shooting …in comes a flight bang bang down comes a duck …but on the other side of the boundary.

So bloke hops the fence to retrieve the duck.

Along comes the farmer …what ya doing mate?
    Shooter …getting my duck!
    Farmer …buts it’s on my land so it’s my duck.
    Shooter …listen here mate I’m a hot shot lawyer from the city ..it’s my duck and if you say otherwise I’ll tie you up in court for years to come…
    Farmer ohh I see, well now ..about these parts we these sorts of things with what we we call the three boot law!

Shooter …go on tell me about it

Farmer …well it goes like this …i’ll have three boots, then you’ll have three boots and we carry on until someone quits!

Shooter …being a large strapping lad that does hours at the gym eyes up the old gray haired battler and decides “yip your on”

Farmer …well seen how it’s my land ..I’ll go first ..he cracks the young fella a beaut in his arse, this as the young fella is holding his arse he lands on right to his shin, this has the young bloke howling and holding his shin …so the old bloke finishes with a nasty shot to his guts …

Well that takes the wind out of the young blokes sails …but he eventually pulls his self up right, grabs himself a lung full of air and eyes up the farmer with a smile on his face he says “right now it my turn”

The farmer replies…I quit you can keep the duck!
    veitnamcam, tetawa, 308 and 13 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

ha ha stingers, thats close but no cigar!
    stingray likes this.

When I started hunting I had the same pair of boots for about 6 years. I must be a slow learner.
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

That sounds like some made up profundity. I had some cheap boots that lasted two weeks in the mountains. I have some Bullers that are still going, but I wont wear them anymore. I have been a through a few pairs of boots, just bought some new Grisports actually. I must be very experienced, but I think I am just cheap. I actually dont care about boots at all.