Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 7mm.08 Club

I'm using 140 gr ballistic tips from a 22" barrel and a 3-12×50 dial scope zeroed for 100m. I've used the same for about 10 years.

This has enabled good success despite a lot of suboptimal shot placements.
    I mostly shoot goats but have shot several deer and couple of pigs and it's good for them too of course.
    I'm really surprised how much more effective it is than the 303using similar weight bullets and the same powder but a 2-7 scope. I think it's the ballistic tip bullets..

I've also used it in Gillie's field target shoots out to 600m with fair success.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    Hey @Stocky yup its the original tikka barrel 1-9.5 twist.
    COAL is 3.096in
    BTO is 2.370 which gives me a 15thou jump
    Your a bad man that's an awesome combo if I ever open up this kimbers magazine like I plan too I should get atleast 3 inches COAL. Otherwise maybe I should've brought a barret and called it good. Cousin's one is his do everything rifle in the states. Straight 7mm08 at 2550fps with its 1 in 8 and 3 inch magazine kill everything around really well. Plus then I only need to stock up on 180 eld Ms. Anyone worked up a 155 Tlr load for the 7mm yet? I think they would suit cartridges like the 7Saum etc better as they are very long but with enough powder they do seem to have great BC for weight provided they can be launched fast enough.