Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Access to Army land?

2nd/4th Battalion, RNZIR Kensington Army Hall 24 Bridgman St SthDn 0-3-455 1099

from memory its a prick to get onto. we worked through there and had a rough time getting on. pigs everywhere around there i got quiet a few last winter up the road with my dog

I have a couple of contacts looking into this one, if there are huge numbers of pigs in there could be worth a wee look

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    I know the bit of land you are talking about. It has a couple of rifle ranges at the bottom.
    On one side further up there is a no hunting block in the pines and gums. I have access to a small block beside it and a larger property on the other side. I have inquired about going on there but was told from time to time they still play war games in there and is a no go zone. I have shot a couple of small pigs close to it and seen some of the pig rooting in my block but I think you would be classed as a poacher if you got caught in there.
    You have obviously been in there if you know that it is getting ripped up by pigs?
    That's the one. There's land to the south I go on to that looks down on the lower range. I can see the rooting from there when I glass it. It looks like a nice lawn. Shame to see it torn up. Are those the two small pigs hanging on the fence on the way to the pistol range?