Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: All new NZ Hunter Adventures - starts tonight on Duke!

the emotion from Emil was felt here....VERY good show. you have come a long way from young man who flinched so wickedly and missed sika stag on much earlier episode,have enjoyed watching your journey almost as much as the show itself....epic carry out,full credit to you fellas for lugging as much meat out as you could. earned in full and then some.
    Moa Hunter, hebe and kukuwai like this.

Good show guys. I must admit my stubborn-ness turned me off you Greg for a bit after I had an "Internet argument" with you a few years back about the ability of hinds to carry genetics. But I've grown quite fond of your on screen persona, which I assume is you just being genuine you. I like the way you use your commentary to give reason and explanation behind what you're doing and why in a way that keeps us "seasoned hunters" interested, but also clear and simple to understand for those non hunters out there watching. I think the show is getting better and better.
    My knees ache just watching you guys crawl around some of that country - I got airlifted out of there in 2017 with a torn acl and meniscus lol.
    Husky1600, hey, chainsaw and 3 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Greetings Greg, Willy, Emil and All,
    That was a great episode. Emil you must be a card carrying paid up Kiwi by now regardless of what your passport may say. I also suspect you may still be getting happy attacks every time you look at that head. Great scenery, great hunting and great show.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Trout, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Yeah Epic show , inspiring to say the least

It would be great if Greg et al could post up the Douglas score card.

It was a wonderful program.
    Micky Duck and Finnwolf like this.

superb start to the new series - well done boys. Epic story, stunning scenery, great commentary. Certainly put in the hard yards & how your camera man shoots all the footage, carries all that gear in that steep country is beyond me. Some of those faces on the descents looked pretty marginal at best. Especially the south facing faces with that ice. Superb old bull, well done Emil & team. What was the rifle you were using ? 7mmRM ? looked to be a pretty long barrel.

What an epic episode! Cool to see Emil getting that amazing bull on the deck - he sure deserves it!
    Looking forward to the remainder of the season! Cheers guys

An excellent watch.
    I reckon that country would have been too steep for me even when I was 30 years younger.

😎

Recorded it and rewatched it, a most excellent programme, it was like being there.

Oh, and most impressed with the bull waps’ ‘hidey hole’ from choppers in that cave, a right cunning bugger.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

What a great start to the series, good plug from FWF too.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Epic show thats for sure, what impresses me is how Greg gets around those hills with a full pack, i have know idea how old Greg is but must be pretty fit for his age.

Im a few days late catching up but man what an episode. Bloody awesome and well and truly deserved by Emil. Topped off with one mighty big walk out under a heavy load, love it.

Love how Greg is just an absolute workhorse. Would smoke most of us in the hills. Looking forward to getting more big country fitness up over the years. Good show
    stagstalker and Ned like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    superb start to the new series - well done boys. Epic story, stunning scenery, great commentary. Certainly put in the hard yards & how your camera man shoots all the footage, carries all that gear in that steep country is beyond me. Some of those faces on the descents looked pretty marginal at best. Especially the south facing faces with that ice. Superb old bull, well done Emil & team. What was the rifle you were using ? 7mmRM ? looked to be a pretty long barrel.
    Think the ammo box featured I thought it was a 270 if I remember rught. It was a tikka with a brake.