Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spook

Thread: Army Road (off clements)

Army Road (off clements)

Just wondering what this area is like to hunt been up te iringa and yellow hut track a few years ago once my wagon is up and running again I would like to head up there for a look around but want to know if it is worth it as I do not hear anything mentioned about the army road area off clements
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Half way along to the pines peel off to the left on a ridge of sorts (you will see it on your map) binos are good through here. Time it so that when heading back to Army Rd as the bush starts to get dark you drop off 10-20m on the left of the ridge and sidle back. Keep an ear out for a stick breaking and don't blow it like I did

Edit - on a day hunt there I turned into the camping area. The area on the left was covered by a large fallen tree. Fark that if you were in a tent

Nice spot. The local roar residents would have left by now too.

I know that area well , there are tracks both side of the road all well mark . There is a big stag crossing the road about 200 metres before army rd and is holding two hinds . If you are up that way when you come from camp theres a track on the left just passed a large fallen tree .The track can be had to find but it takes you to the stream further down ,half way down the track it opens up to the left . There is a ridge about 10 foot high, if you sat there in the evening i sure you will catch the hinds .

From camp head to the creek and on upstream there is a track that takes you up to the Joe Doley hut .the hut isn't flash but worth a look . the track behind the hut is well mark and will take you back to the road .

Army rd does have a bit of sign around and if you head down the track there are two clearings about 20min walk from car . Once on the long clearing the track cut to the left and up a ridge to the pines . The other clearing is to the left and you may need to spend a bit of time finding the right way thru .We chased a deer there around 10am on the grass so you can not predict when they are out .

Happy hunting

TJM
    Most spots up there are nice,, give it a go

Thanks for the info so far guys been looking at google earth studying the area to get an idea of the areas you guys are talking about and looks like a place ai definitely want to go and have a look at. Just hope the bighorn is back on the road soon so I can get away on a friday night after work for a weekend.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Thanks for the info so far guys been looking at google earth studying the area to get an idea of the areas you guys are talking about and looks like a place ai definitely want to go and have a look at. Just hope the bighorn is back on the road soon so I can get away on a friday night after work for a weekend.
    I think it is about time you gave that bighorn a massive cash injection...not into the mechanical side, insurance was what I had in mind...Clement's would be a great place for it to die and be cremated.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

It a bloody long walk home though
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    It a bloody long walk home though
    I know a guy, that many years ago set fire to his boat 3 miles off Mayor Island and swam ashore to make it look good...a long walk out of the forest is a piece-of-piss in comparison.
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I think it is about time you gave that bighorn a massive cash injection...not into the mechanical side, insurance was what I had in mind...Clement's would be a great place for it to die and be cremated.
    For god sake it has only blown a bloody head gasket nothing wrong with the rest of it (ok it may have a cracked head), sure it is going to cost a bit of money to fix but to suggest something as stupid and illegal as that just really pisses me off. If you do not have anything positive, constructive or helpful to say then please keep your opinions to yourself I don't need or want to hear negative shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    For god sake it has only blown a bloody head gasket nothing wrong with the rest of it (ok it may have a cracked head), sure it is going to cost a bit of money to fix but to suggest something as stupid and illegal as that just really pisses me off. If you do not have anything positive, constructive or helpful to say then please keep your opinions to yourself I don't need or want to hear negative shit like that.
    Don't bump your head on your rock on your way back under.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Don't bump your head on your rock on your way back under.
    What the hell is your problem, not like I have done anything wrong to you so why start up on me like this.