Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Belt or bino pouch for emergency kit?

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by jpurdon View Post
    Just been reading through a few of the horror stories of injuries/emergencies that have popped up in a few previous threads and think its time to sort some emergency kit out before something happens. Thinking of getting a belt with a zip-pouch or upgrade binoharness for emergency gear to keep my emergency gear always on me (like PLB, lighter, few rounds etc.)

Thoughts/recommendations on bino harness vs belt for this? I'm usually doing 2-3 day missions in the tops around Canterbury/otago/west coast.
    One concern is that a belt could interfere with my pack hip belt? Is this normally an issue? Thinking of kitting out a bono-harness for that reason. Currently have the stock vortex one which isn't much good for anything other than bino's

Also, if anyone has second-hand of either of the above, I would be keen, especially if Chch based. - chur
    bushbuck have just put another bino harness up on there website have a look at that

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble07 View Post
    I'm doing the exact same thing(setting up a better emergency kit) after recent posts. i just bought my first harness recently (H.E. Defender 'magnum'). i usually just run a hydration pack when stalking from basecamp but this weekend i'll be trialling the bino harness/hydration pack combo. what's become clear is your gear can get ripped off in a tumble so i think having key stuff tucked in close to your chest (where your arms help protect you) could be good. I'm thinking a compact first aid pouch off one side of the main pouch that won't interfere with my rifle shoulder/pack straps/sling etc.. after a bit of shuffling my gear around i think could've gone for a harness with more capacity/compartments & get it all into one tidy unit. a new PLB is next on my list. safe hunting peoples
    even if it just holds PLB because you will get rescued within a few hours because they will know where you are
    flock, MB and yeah_na_missed like this.

I pretty much only hunt bush so do have much requirement for bino harness.

Was thinking something like this....

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../ProductID/193

And when up tops I just use the Swazi beret anyway
    57jl and jpurdon like this.

Should have read "do not" have much requirement for bino harness

This is my new setup with Manitoba Expedition Bino pouch and an older model TwinNeedle PLB pouch on the side. In the front pocket of bino harness i have: pain killers, lighter, old bike tyre for fire starter, emergency blanket, israeli bandage, knife and couple round of my calibre.
    Name:  bino1.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  3.84 MB
    Name:  bino2.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  2.56 MB
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Gidday, I've been following this thread with interest.

Could you please elaborate on your considerations in choosing the Manitoba over other similar bino/chest packs.

Thanks

I just have a pouch full of kit that lives in the bottom of my pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Gidday, I've been following this thread with interest.

Could you please elaborate on your considerations in choosing the Manitoba over other similar bino/chest packs.

Thanks
    Yea mate sure. The Manitoba one had a built in front pocket (where my lighter etc is in the pic). Lots of others dont have a designated separate pocket for other goods. Plus it was reasonably priced (compared to Twin Needle etc). Also has other sweet features like the magnetic flip top, in-built raincover, and in-built lens cleaning cloth
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"