Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree23Likes
  • 9 Post By kiwijames
  • 2 Post By Wildman
  • 2 Post By res
  • 7 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By ishoot10s
  • 1 Post By Proneshooter

Thread: Best organisation to join that is fighting 1080 poison?

Best organisation to join that is fighting 1080 poison?

Hi guys.

Which organisation would be the most effective in its fight against 1080? I am looking to support whoever that might be.

thanks
    Tracy

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Proneshooter View Post
    Hi guys.

Which organisation would be the most effective in its fight against 1080? I am looking to support whoever that might be.

thanks
    Tracy
    Tracy, Clyde Graf is among the most active of 1080 opponents. Google Clyde's name and follow your nose to make contact.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proneshooter View Post
    Hi guys.

thanks
    Tracy
    Probably an organisation that can come up with a solution rather than waiting for the unicorns and pied piper

Whats the diffeence???
    its pretty shit all in all isnt it??!

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    Whats the diffeence???
    its pretty shit all in all isnt it??!
    It is a tool that is used in pest management and is currently the best we have for certain applications.
    dogmatix and ebf like this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Probably an organisation that can come up with a solution rather than waiting for the unicorns and pied piper
    +1

1080 sux but it's used because there is a job that needs doing.
    Realistically any change is likely to be to another toxin as trapping is impractical and overly expensive for a lot of areas.

Working on how the toxin can be delivered better,while searching for a better toxin seems like the best way fwd to me.
    dogmatix and Wildman like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Maybe the protesters, graf brothers and NZDA can invest their time and money into researching better methods/poisons?

Got to be better then usless protests

NZDA are good advocates and provide many other benefits - plus it's good to contribute to the hunting community in other areas too

Sent from my Browning

Yes. Join NZDA. But realise that things are changing. The ban 1080 battle is lost. I predict that in the future you will see NZDA work more collaboratively with DOC and other 1080 users in order to at least get some concessions and changes around the core 1080 activity. The uncompromising approach by the likes of the Grafs is no longer of any particular consequence.

Until there is an alternative it's here to stay. It's time to make the best of a bad job.

If it wasn't for the fact that 1080 kills deer, most hunters wouldn't give a toss. Smoking causes more harm and cost than 1080. Get onto that band wagon and make a real difference.
    dogmatix, Wildman, Bryan and 4 others like this.

I agree Tahr while 1080 is shit I have given up voicing my view against the stuff as it only falls on deaf ears and I try hard to stay out of topics involving the crap as 99.9999% of the time it turns into one big messy online shit slinging match which I can no longer be bothered with reading.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yes. Join NZDA. But realise that things are changing. The ban 1080 battle is lost. I predict that in the future you will see NZDA work more collaboratively with DOC and other 1080 users in order to at least get some concessions and changes around the core 1080 activity. The uncompromising approach by the likes of the Grafs is no longer of any particular consequence.

Until there is an alternative it's here to stay. It's time to make the best of a bad job.

If it wasn't for the fact that 1080 kills deer, most hunters wouldn't give a toss. Smoking causes more harm and cost than 1080. Get onto that band wagon and make a real difference.
    youre right there mate, its time for copromise, ill walk it up to bait stations on my way to hunting grounds if that's what it'll take to stop them sprinking it over the forest like 100s and 1000s.

Banned
    Well said Tahr.also its not NZDA's sole focus either they lobby on many things including getting the GAC aswell so even incase your a member or not you still benifit from them as a hunter.trampers could put there hands up aswell on the 1080 issue.

Jasen

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    And NZDA membership includes a massive public liability insurance so when you're in the bush counting how many birds you can't hear any more 'coz the green rain got them, and your billy keels over and torches half the Kawekas, you're not gonna end up shelling out for the monsoon bucket.
    jord likes this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Thanks for the varied viewpoints guys.. Joining NZDA is on the agenda anyway so I'll go with that then.

cheers
    Tracy
    jord likes this.