Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: Big Head Taken on Stewart Island ..?

wtd
    Name:  Cover...jpg
Views: 300
Size:  332.9 KB

Huntn was very generous to allow me to include the story of his hunt for his magnificent buck as the final chapter of my book “Chasing Whitetail Bucks – Stewart Island Hunting Magic.” (2021). The book is self published and has 320 high quality pages with 280 colour photographs. It includes the stories of the hunts of many of the top Island trophies some of which are written by the successful hunters. But it is not just about the trophies as included is a lot of hunting history such as the Safari Hunting operation that ran for 10 years at Mason Bay during the 1970’s.
    I have included the list of Stewart Island Whitetail Record Book entries and a food and gear list for new hunters. Beginning at Pegasus where Whitetails are liberated in 1905, the chapters travel around most of the blocks to Doughboy Bay. My first book “Chasing Whitetails” (2019) is out of print and the few copies that have been sold on Trademe fetch high prices.

For a review https://thefishingpaper.pdftomobile....ws/book-review

Here is just one of my readers had to say:- Hi John, well you’ve out done yourself with this one. Loved your last book but this is even better and I’m not that interested in head hunting but haven't been able to put the bloody thing down. Awesome effort must be another one in you for next year. All round 10 out of 10. Well done. Cheers Rick

Books are $40 plus postage. To secure a copy email me wtd243@gmail.com John.
    Shearer, Huntn, ROKTOY and 1 others like this.