Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By 300wsm for life
  • 2 Post By Lauries Hut
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Lupo

Thread: Boot stores in italy or Zurich

Boot stores in italy or Zurich

Boots have crapped out, need new ones. Seen a couple of North Face stores but any members on here purchased boots in country. Any recommendations for stores to look at. Looking on line prices are better than nz depending on boot.

Look at the Kenetreek line, unsure who imports them to NZ but buying direct from USA is not bad. They have few sales through the year.

They just had 25% , even though on their website it shows they do not ship outside of USA, their staff are really helpful and will ship it out.

Cheers, I'm actually in italy so won't to look in store. Plenty of boots at home in NZ to buy, not going to import. Just thought I would take advantage while I am here
    Micky Duck likes this.

Intasport chain is as good as any. There’s one at the Zurich airport, ground floor by the escalator where you go down to the train.
    I’ve picked up 2 pairs of Meindl’s over recent years, (in Austria) for just over 100 euros on sale.
    One pair was so cheap because it had no box, I just bought them, didn’t need them. Ended up selling to a mate who was in need.
    The Intasport chain is everywhere, and if you time the sales, is cheaper than the specialty hiking stores.

Zürich has a few stores. Transa (near main station and right next to the Irish pub for the rugby, Sportxx, bachli Berg sport. Both transa and Bachli have outlets where things are cheaper. I usually wait for a deal online then order from Germany through a Swiss company to avoid import tax. Way cheaper than NZ for sure.

Make sure to wear them on flight home to avoid the extra weight in your luggage��
    Lauries Hut likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Cheers, I'm actually in italy so won't to look in store. Plenty of boots at home in NZ to buy, not going to import. Just thought I would take advantage while I am here
    Unsure which part of Italy but if in Milano look at :
    TUTTO PER LO SPORT POLARE
    Via Cesare Correnti 2, 20123 MILANO - MI - Italy or POLO SPORT S.N.C.
    PIAZZA WAGNER 2, 20145 MILANO - MI - Italy

Cheers. Will be in Zurich for 2 days at the end of my trip. Will be in Rome and Milan so may have a look there as well. No issue with weight @Micky Duck my pack is only 10kg and I am allowed 23 on the flights home.
    Micky Duck likes this.

From my experience over 10 years or so of business travel around EU, things are pretty spendy !!

I just brought a pair of berretta boots from an outlet store while on holiday in Italy, $700 down to $350... and so far they have been awesome.
    main downside though was wearing them for 16 hours in singapore on the way home though as they didnt fit in my luggage haha
    Bagheera and 300wsm for life like this.

You might consider looking for Kenetrek boots on eBay.com where the manufacturer has a presence. One get find brand new or like new freshly resoled boots at a very good price.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be left unamused.

Found a good store in Venice where I picked up some LA Sportiva boots.
    tikka likes this.