Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Campbell live tonight

Legend Moonhunt
    moonhunt likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    Quick draw mikee
    No worries mate, had to tear myself away from my reloading bench sometime
    moonhunt likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Hidden cameras are a good idea. Also be nice to know that your car is being watched, should put up signs with contact details.

That wasnt the best news story ive ever seen. Could've done with it being a bit more in depth
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

sturg4
    I wish people would not throw a noose around poaching and rustling together.

To me they are quite simply two different things.

A pig hunters dogs may chase a pig onto a Farmers property and catch it leaving the hunter no choice but to jump the fence often with a firearm to dispatch it to get his dogs back. The pig is not owned by the farmer and is in fact a noxious animal.

We had an incident of this nature a few years back with a farmer who shot dogs in a nearby Kiwi Reserve next to his property they were on a pig that had run from a farm where they had permission to hunt. The Farmer clearly broke the law but was not prosecuted.

A few years ago I had a run in with a farmer. I had shot a duck out of our possie on a lake where it glided well out into a farmers paddock. I went to retrieve it and met the new sharemilker who was a real dancer. It is according to the law illegal to leave a wounded bird or animal without dispatching it. Asking for permission is to find an wounded animal is fair enough but in this case it was impossible as it is in many cases.

Ducks, wild pigs, wild deer, trout belong to no man except the man who takes them legally. If the animal is not taken legally.Trespass or poaching are probably the correct descriptions.

Whereas Sheep, cattle, domestic pigs, Llamas you name it do belong to someone and is quite a different thing.
    Trespass, Theft and rustling are the correct descriptions.

I think there will be an increase in poaching and rustling in the future. I noticed and increase in stock thefts and poaching when I was farming. This was when 1080 was used to sterilize the traditional hunting grounds and the huge once (Govt owned Forests like Kaiangaroa) were closed to hunters.

Some people (I am one) must hunt. It is some primeval urge that continues to send me out into the hills and I cannot/willnot live without it. I have never touched another mans stock but I will use the Queens Chain, papers roads and other legal accesses to travel through properties into public land to hunt. Often with permission from a farmer or if not freely given I will go without it.

Our wise ancestors came from a land where game, fish, and the right to hunt them belonged only to the titled and the rich. They were determined that would never happen in NZ. Hence we have those wonderful provision, that our birds game and fish would belong to no man except those who take it legally. This is changing, and its for the worst. Large areas of public land are now out of the reach of many hunters because those (Moaner on the Mudflats) who often act illegally by doing so, shut them out.

Many of our rivers are only utilized by a select few Fishing Guides with their wealthy clients. Many a public access through Big stations have a locked gate on them now because they have sold the hunting concession on private land to a well heeled few who also are able to take advantage of the Public land that the average hunter is excluded from.

Just a few thoughts I have on the matter. Its a bit disjointed I am afraid.

R93
    All the hype around poaching has increased in the last few years.
    I sympathize with land owners etc but there are some real fuck wits who see a car or ute drive past their place and they roar down the road after them or spin yarns at the pub made up of bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    NZHTR, Dougie and Toby like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

sturg4
    Funny but in those good old bad old days of Meathunting in the seventies and eighties the worst people you had to look out for were the Police. Its bloody hard to catch a Policeman poaching but we got the worst one in the end.

Taihape had one that made more out of poached deer and made more than his salary again. But then of course it was easy for him he was out most night looking for Poachers. Makes it a bit hard for the average Joe Bloggs to do much about it they are bloody hard to arrest.

The West Coast seemed to have the most enthusiastic poacher/anti poacher Police Force I ever knew. I think every Policeman that was a hunter and was in the know about the game must have gravitated down there.

R93
    Yup there is a man who still lives down Haast way that was one of the worst or best which ever way you wanna look at it. 😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I wish this was the case in our Kaingaroa Forest. Fn baby's who've been hunting 5minutes totally fn things for the rest. Wish they'd Take guns, knives, utes etc. I know they have been taking some of some young wankers but they need to get even harder so we can have our pigs grow and allow our forest and workers a safe secure way of life...
    Dan M

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I wish this was the case in our Kaingaroa Forest. Fn baby's who've been hunting 5minutes totally fn things for the rest. Wish they'd Take guns, knives, utes etc. I know they have been taking some of some young wankers but they need to get even harder so we can have our pigs grow and allow our forest and workers a safe secure way of life...
    Kaiangaroa is under Maori ownership now, so who's a poacher and who is not.

Maybe you can tell me the answer to that one mate.
    One certainly hopes things don't carry on with current trends. I know the new security boss and they know what they want. But Only as a community will we see the change needed.
    Dan M

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Maybe you can tell me the answer to that one mate.
    One certainly hopes things don't carry on with current trends. I know the new security boss and they know what they want. But Only as a community will we see the change needed.
    Well as one who live on the near the northern access to Te Urewera National Park I would say this. 'You are more likely to witness the second coming of Christ than to find a Tuhoe with a Legitimate Hunting Permit on Tuhoe Land...and why would they have one.
    NZHTR and Danny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Funny but in those good old bad old days of Meathunting in the seventies and eighties the worst people you had to look out for were the Police. Its bloody hard to catch a Policeman poaching but we got the worst one in the end.

Taihape had one that made more out of poached deer and made more than his salary again. But then of course it was easy for him he was out most night looking for Poachers. Makes it a bit hard for the average Joe Bloggs to do much about it they are bloody hard to arrest.

The West Coast seemed to have the most enthusiastic poacher/anti poacher Police Force I ever knew. I think every Policeman that was a hunter and was in the know about the game must have gravitated down there.
    That paticular d you talk about passed his genes onto to his son as well.
    He got busted going onto a maori block a couple of years ago and got quite indignant that he got told to rack off except the bloke telling him was twice his size so he lost that battle.
    I might join the police force!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    That paticular d you talk about passed his genes onto to his son as well.
    He got busted going onto a maori block a couple of years ago and got quite indignant that he got told to rack off except the bloke telling him was twice his size so he lost that battle.
    I might join the police force!
    Yes he was a right bad bastard that Cop and so was his Son. Its not that I had that much against Poacher's but he sure interfered with my own line of work.

Yep it was the line of work to be in those days. I don't think you could get in the force Andy They have an ugly Quotum test.

I grew up in an era when Kaingaroa, South Head, etc where only legally available to hunt legally by a privileged few, even though they were state forests. It was a battle of wits at times but the wild animals that lived there were classed as noxious under the law, and needed to be removed by other than the privileged few.