Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Clemments road??

Saw 2 poachers come out of their then head over to poronui side. They reckon they had a permit for the other side but this just didnt make sense to me an others why you would come over to oamura hut side an continue hunting. They had a few animals too apparently.

Still deer in there not as many after doc targeted them with 1080.Kill rate was about 70% id say.Just get off the beaten track and you should have success.Not as bad as people make out,I hardly see anyone down there when i hunt there but i hunt during the week.Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Last time in there , (Oamaru public) there was lots of spotlighting going on at night. Gun shots in the dark. Saw plenty of sign. Awesome spot to walk around .
    The spot lighters were pretty successful from what we saw. The early morning, daylight and dusk armed trampers not so .. Great trip though. Heaps of fun with good company..

Id love to try the Oamaru private block next time when I get rich.. That looks like a nice block also and maybe doesn't see the traffic .
    Oamaru Private gets the traffic alright. But it still holds lots of deer.

2 main spots I found was a gully on the northwest of the block that gave access right down to the river and the usual lookouts up the main valley.

Some pics from December's trip. Didn't do a vid that trip.

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ov-3-dec-4824/
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Oamaru Private gets the traffic alright. But it still holds lots of deer.

2 main spots I found was a gully on the northwest of the block that gave access right down to the river and the usual lookouts up the main valley.

Some pics from December's trip. Didn't do a vid that trip.

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ov-3-dec-4824/
    Thanks for that. Great pics on your write up.. Yep gonna plan something round that I reckon..

Yeah, if you do go with Helisika to the Private Hut, let me know. I'll send you some GPS spots (noting they are spring spots). I didn't continue my roll over booking from Tongariro Aviation to Helisika for the same time this year as I'll be too busy changing nappies.
    sako75 likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Yeah, if you do go with Helisika to the Private Hut, let me know. I'll send you some GPS spots (noting they are spring spots). I didn't continue my roll over booking from Tongariro Aviation to Helisika for the same time this year as I'll be too busy changing nappies.
    Will do. It wont be till around then so that ll be good as ..

I got a booking in there for around the 28th November this year, booked it around a month ago and there was bugger all left then (Might be your old booking). The flight into there is cheaper then it used to be with Tongariro aviation so id imagine it will get a real hammering now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.m View Post
    I got a booking in there for around the 28th November this year, booked it around a month ago and there was bugger all left then (Might be your old booking). The flight into there is cheaper then it used to be with Tongariro aviation so id imagine it will get a real hammering now.
    Yeah it would have the booking.
    Flights may be cheaper, but weight limit will be pretty strict, unlike Gerrard.

Enjoy.

PS, the P*rn was down in the hut by the river
    Nick.m likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Iv got the private block booked for this weekend any tips or good look out spots.