Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Conservation Minister. out hunting with NZGAC

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Any body that wins over cancer needs a medal these days.Sometimes cancer is the enemy you dont see coming.
    Is there an equine cancer?
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Is there an equine cancer?
    Another stupid comment from you.

A big improvement over Sage, she comes across as down to earth & straight up. We could do with more politicians of this ilk on all sides of the political landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    A big improvement over Sage, she comes across as down to earth & straight up. We could do with more politicians of this ilk on all sides of the political landscape.
    The Herald ran an article about a successor for Adern as leader of the Labour Party and she was named as one of the top 2 contenders. The other was that McAnulty (sp) from the Wairarapa.

Speaking to Willie Duley, the new minister is switched on and open to ideas working in partnership with the GAC.

While her politics suck, its good to have a minister who grew up hunting and her family are hunter gatherers.

Banned
    I agree with the positive sentiments regarding the current minister, but I dont think that minister Sage was that bad or deserved of all the negative sentiment, she was totally honest on her position which is rare in any minister and she reached an agreement on the Tahr cull that has been fare and acceptable to all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I agree with the positive sentiments regarding the current minister, but I dont think that minister Sage was that bad or deserved of all the negative sentiment, she was totally honest on her position which is rare in any minister and she reached an agreement on the Tahr cull that has been fare and acceptable to all parties.
    She didn’t act in good faith doing things like using a policy document from the 1990s to back up her decision . She probably wasn’t going to compromise until she realised how strong the backlash was and lawyers and the courts got involved. Good riddance .
    Pack out heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Why doesn’t that surprise me…..

From a hunters point of view she was poison. A horrible arrogant women, glad to see the back of here
    Also sums up one or two of the other vociferous Green women.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Yes that was pretty funny. Previous ministers have allowed open slather helicopter meat hunting of Tahr. I think that the agreement to cull females and juvenile Tahr and leave mature bulls sets a potential precedent / model for aerial hunting of Red Deer that minister Sage may well have introduced - who knows ?. Instead of machines targeting stags in the open above the bushline late Jan early Feb on Doc estate, copying the Tahr model would be a lot more palatable. Alpine are the worst offenders IMO flying through all the top trophy areas pre roar and creaming off the big fat stags - no doubt in my mind that previous ministers have looked at this as a good earn of overseas funds.
    https://www.pointssouth.co.nz/blogs/...s-up-with-waro