Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree26Likes
  • 2 Post By 199p
  • 2 Post By dannyb
  • 10 Post By SanDiegoHntr
  • 2 Post By 199p
  • 2 Post By SanDiegoHntr
  • 8 Post By SanDiegoHntr

Thread: Contacting an Admin

Contacting an Admin

Pretty sure this is NOT the right forum for this, but I've sent a few PMs and emails to admins about being able to PM members. Plz feel free to move this to the appropriate forum. The FAQ says u can PM after 5 posts, which I have, but still not able to PM.
    I've gotten no response yet after 6 sent emails and PMs to admins.
    Yeah, I'm from the US, so maybe they think I'm an interloper, but I've always wanted to hunt and/or experience NZ. I'm not looking to do a one-and-done thing. I'd like to hunt more than once, and maybe make some friends that want to come back here to....
    well not hunt (cuz it's CA) but maybe drink beer and fish. We've got big fish, but I'm guessing you do as well. But I digress...
    I'd like to be able to get input from locals, so PLEASE, enable my PMs.

Thanks!
    Dave

Wack up some epic story's of your hunts in the passed bro we love that shit

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    norsk and dannyb like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Pm's are no longer approved on a post number, but rest assured contribute and participate and it will happen we had to change the post count thing as we were being inundated with scammers and bots. Post up some hunting and fishing related stories and pics and you'll be away before you know it.
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

I don't think ChatGPt has been taught to say "But I digress..." yet

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    I don't think ChatGPt has been taught to say "But I digress..." yet

Now THAT's funny! Although, I'm sure that now it's an enabled feature.

Just got my PM ability, so thanks to the admin that did it.

@199p - Will post a good story or two. Unfortunately, in San Diego county, this is considered a "great" buck. There are larger muleys to be had in the county, but the vast majority are on private.

Name:  E93A.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  288.2 KB
    dogmatix, 199p, cb14 and 7 others like this.

Nice bro, dont need a big buck to write a good yarn
    Bagheera and SanDiegoHntr like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Alrighty then...
    Here's short one; not about deer.

I've been doing long range fishing out of San Diego for about 27 years. The trips are usually 7 to 15 days, and go down to Mexico, usually near the Revillagigedo islands. Lots of quality fish down there, as they follow a specific migratory pattern each year. I've caught my fair share of cows (yellowfin over 200lbs) over the years and, next to wahoo, they're one of my favorites to target, as you can fight them for hours.
    Fast forward over the years to about 6 years ago. One good aspect of global climate change is the effect it's had on yellowfin/bluefin migratory patterns. We started seeing cows being caught on the 5 day trips, which is f*king nuts. Then they started getting them on the 2 day trips. Anglers were losing them because they didn't have the right gear on 2 to 5 day trip. The fleet's website said bring 20-40lb mono or spectra-backed topshots, lol. They would break off as soon as the drag engaged. People thought it was either a freak phenomenon due to an El Nino weather pattern, but it kept happening.
    Then, we started catching them 20-50 miles off San Diego. This was doable with a small boat. I've been fishing on my buddy's 21ft Parker for many many years. He and I have been through MANY sleepless nights trying for white seabass, and many long ass days where you leave at 3 a.m. and get back the following night late, trying to find the fish. So, I went and bought a helium tank. If not familiar, on long range boats, most of the fisherman are on the lower deck, and then there's an upper deck for two anglers. These two spots are rotated as fish are caught. It's called being "on-the-kite." A helium-filled balloon is attached to a kite. I'm sure several readers are familiar. The balloon/kite are flown far away from the boat, dangling a flying fish or two sardines (double trouble). This is how the bigger fish are usually caught. But, as ChatGPT might now say, I digress...
    Fast forward to last year. The big ones (200lbs to 300+) are being regularly caught off San Diego. They're difficult to find in one spot, but there's many being had. Additionally, schools in the 50-150lb range, which I'd take all day long, are common. We have all the gear for a kite rig, which many boats do not. My buddy and I went out MANY days, with none caught. Sure, we picked up some BF in the 30-60 range (very nice) and some yellowfin in that range too, but no cows. It takes about 4.5 hours to get to the most common area for cows, so I couldn't even guess how much gas we burned, and how many miles we went looking for cows. We'd get close, but no joy.
    It's still early in the season. My other buddy, who has a slightly larger boat texts me that he's going out for an 'exploratory' run, following a buddy boat. I had just gotten an A22 deer tag, which is for early season archery. It's a very limited tag (I think that year there were only 1000 given out) so I tell him "next time." I just got a new bow, and nothing's gonna stop me from using it. My buddy leaves the dock about the same time I'm getting to my hunting location; it's pitch black, with a waning crescent sliver of a moon...
    I'm hiking most of the day, and it's now mid-afternoon. I sit down, and get a text from my fishing buddy, who is apparently close to his "spot." It's just a picture.
    Name:  mark1.jpeg
Views: 184
Size:  852.5 KB
    Bagheera and RugerM77 like this.

For those unfamiliar with reading the screen, that 'could be' a very very good mark.
    I text my buddy "WTF", but no reply; for HOURS.
    I'm still hiking, but can't concentrate after seeing that mark. I go back to my old ass Durango and pop a beer.
    Several hours later, I get a text, just saying, "Will text later...epic!"
    He ended up staying out overnight in close proximity to his other buddy's boat. They came back the next day. And...
    Name:  photo0(5).jpeg
Views: 182
Size:  683.3 KB
    Name:  photo0(2).jpeg
Views: 182
Size:  821.0 KB
    So, they got 1 over 300, and MANY over 200.
    I'm super happy for him, but...
    Turns out the buddy boat he was following belonged to a guy who's brother flys one of the local spotter planes.
    He left that choice little nugget out when he was talking about his "exploratory" day out.
    Also turns out his buddy has a commercial license, so he can sell those toads when he gets back, which is why you see the forklift.
    So, we're just starting to see them this year. Wish me luck!
    But I do luv my new bow, so there's that.
    dogmatix, cb14, tetawa and 5 others like this.