Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HarryMax
  • 1 Post By rifleshootercoxy
  • 1 Post By Highlandstalker

Thread: Cotters creek info

Cotters creek info

I have managed to get cotters creek for the roar I am after some intel/animal numbers/history on the block if anyone had anything would be great first time down there looks real nice on the maps but Ino that doesn’t mean much thanks in advance guys

hey mate,

What period did you get - we got the 19 Mar - 25. If there is time (i.e. you aren't in directly after me) I'll share what ever info we pickup, animals seen, good spots etc.

Cheers
    Rees likes this.

Cotters creek info

It’s a pretty easy walk over from the Ahuriri and then downstream through the upper Dingle, can fly in if you’re feeling flush (landing strip for a fixed wing too)

A VERY busy valley at times with fly fisherman (inc heli access), horse trekkers and trampers. Plenty of air traffic too.

I haven’t been in there for probably 6 years so animal numbers may be up… they are everywhere else.
    On my roar trip there I tweaked my knee so certainly didn’t hunt hard and came out early, only saw one poor quality stag. Classic Otago herd country so you never know what may be lurking about.

If you are planning on staying in Cotters hut take some mouse traps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMax View Post
    hey mate,

What period did you get - we got the 19 Mar - 25. If there is time (i.e. you aren't in directly after me) I'll share what ever info we pickup, animals seen, good spots etc.

Cheers

Hi mate we ended up with 4th period if you could let me know how you get on and what it’s like I would be very greatful cheers bro 👍
    HarryMax likes this.

Planning on getting dropped off on the tops and having a glass around instead of working our way up from the bottom but we will see closer to the time thanks for the info thou much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandstalker View Post
    It’s a pretty easy walk over from the Ahuriri and then downstream through the upper Dingle, can fly in if you’re feeling flush (landing strip for a fixed wing too)
    l
    ha ha "pretty easy"... for the long way

wouldnt the g o be hit the farmer up for access to lake, take tinny, zip across. walk up. shoot a biggen, see how close can get boat, kick back enjoy 5 more days in paradise?

Be alright if you are young and fit , not to be confused with Cotters hut in the Dingle , wind will blow up the valley in daytime ,far enough away and with good cover not to be bothered by the annual pre roar helicopter attack , the marked track is highly likely to not exist.

Yeah ignore my previous post… I was referring to Cotters in the Dingle not the Hunter. A bit of a walk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rees likes this.