Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: crispy frost at the oamaru

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    THE BEST THING ABOUT EAST CREEK WHEN I WAS THERE... was the hot shower!! we spent a week there one time and all it did was rain. but yip your right it is a good block even tho it is not that big. plenty of room for two guns, and heaps of t tree to hunt in if you are so inclined.
    My mate took a shower, got a chill...got as sick as the proverbial dog...When it come time to walk to the air strip I had to do three trips with our packs and gear so my son could walk my mate out...thought for a while he might cark it.
    Hunt4life likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Wow those photos are beautiful, you should consider chucking some on canavas and hanging them in your house! Stunning!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

thanks dougie..taken on a cheap point and shoot camera. No room to hang pictures, to many trophy mounts!!!
    Nick.m, Dougie and Scouser like this.

One of my favourite areas in there, cheers for sharing the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    the people in there said that between wed and sunday 17 people had been thru..
    17?! Bloody hell, what's it like mid summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    17?! Bloody hell, what's it like mid summer?
    Some of those huts can be a shocker in the summer...one year on our way to Te Matai the chopper dropped us at the Oamaru due to cloud...a family had rented their house out and were living in the hut for the duration...they had divided the hut into boys and girls areas and as the boys area was full we were told to camp outside...told them to get stuffed and bunked down in the girls area...I am sure the ol' bitch sat up all night watching us sleep...they tried to tell us when we could use kitchen, what food we were allowed to eat, who was to use toilet first and so on...spent three days there waiting for cloud to lift...were pleased to get away to Te Matai.
    sakokid likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Good on you for telling it like it is Spook
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Usually good fellas in the huts around the backcountry

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

You need to travel to more phillip
    Always found it a 50/50 chance of sane nice person or a complete wack job.
    Odds do improve off tramping routes though . . .
    Nick.m and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    You need to travel to more phillip
    You mean soften up? Then again, camping with Rushy is pretty luxurious
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Ive met a few nut jobs in huts around the hills..
    We flew into the Oamaru a few years back now. A couple of days later a bloke turned up late one evening, he walked in in sandals with a tree stand strapped to his back and a pack liner tied to it with a little gear in it (told us he forgot his boots). I cant remember his name, but he told two of us his name was (something) and our other party member it was (something else), so we were calling him different names the whole time and he never corrected us. He had fuck all food with him and was very vague as to his plans, in the whole time we were there maybe 3 or 4 days more he only went for one morning hunt, spent the rest of the time just staring blankly out the hut window. On our final morning we packed up and took all our gear down to the helipad, I decided to quickly double check we hadn't left anything, ran back up to the hut and he was standing looking into the now empty meat safe, as I walked off he started opening and slamming the door to the safe continuously , then when the chopper finally arrived he came running down and asked if we could fly out all of his stuff, the answer was no as we were already close to the limit on the way in and had venison in the chopper on the way out.
    Who knows what happened but there were a few screws loose, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's still up his tree stand somewhere..
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.m View Post
    Ive met a few nut jobs in huts around the hills..
    We flew into the Oamaru a few years back now. A couple of days later a bloke turned up late one evening, he walked in in sandals with a tree stand strapped to his back and a pack liner tied to it with a little gear in it (told us he forgot his boots). I cant remember his name, but he told two of us his name was (something) and our other party member it was (something else), so we were calling him different names the whole time and he never corrected us. He had fuck all food with him and was very vague as to his plans, in the whole time we were there maybe 3 or 4 days more he only went for one morning hunt, spent the rest of the time just staring blankly out the hut window. On our final morning we packed up and took all our gear down to the helipad, I decided to quickly double check we hadn't left anything, ran back up to the hut and he was standing looking into the now empty meat safe, as I walked off he started opening and slamming the door to the safe continuously , then when the chopper finally arrived he came running down and asked if we could fly out all of his stuff, the answer was no as we were already close to the limit on the way in and had venison in the chopper on the way out.
    Who knows what happened but there were a few screws loose, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's still up his tree stand somewhere..

crazy sounding hua! Fit and proper?
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Some of those huts can be a shocker in the summer...one year on our way to Te Matai the chopper dropped us at the Oamaru due to cloud...a family had rented their house out and were living in the hut for the duration...they had divided the hut into boys and girls areas and as the boys area was full we were told to camp outside...told them to get stuffed and bunked down in the girls area...I am sure the ol' bitch sat up all night watching us sleep...they tried to tell us when we could use kitchen, what food we were allowed to eat, who was to use toilet first and so on...spent three days there waiting for cloud to lift...were pleased to get away to Te Matai.
    Mate, my heckles were standing up just reading that! The audacity of some people. You must have the tolerance of a saint cos I would've rearranged the place to spite the self righteous cow
    veitnamcam and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    crazy sounding hua! Fit and proper?
    Yea man, giving him the benefit of the doubt possibly just gone a normal guy gone off the rails... maybe something had happened in his life to cause it as his mind seemed to be pre-occupied.
    phillipgr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.m View Post
    Yea man, giving him the benefit of the doubt possibly just gone a normal guy gone off the rails... maybe something had happened in his life to cause it as his mind seemed to be pre-occupied.
    Yeah be a few seeking solitude away from the world. Un settling non the less.