Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: DOC not keen on tungsten shot due H&S for Tahr culling

Dunblane was all handguns. Thats what got them banned.
    Hungerford was pistol and semi auto centre fire, but semi shotguns got hammered on that on as well as the semi rifle total ban. He could have done it with a muzzle loader, his rate of fire was so slow, but we know how the govt works ay !

Impressive but naughty there were 8 in the first Salvo. From a cold start I wonder what the time would be.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The murderer at Dunblane used pistols for his spree......that shooting was the catalyst for the the UK's prohibition of handguns.
    Thanks for the correction I wasn't sure royally should have checked but I do remember there was a mass shooting involving a sxs, the policeman sheltering behind a stone wall metres from the guy waited for the second shot, jumped up to grab him and got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Thanks for the correction I wasn't sure royally should have checked but I do remember there was a mass shooting involving a sxs, the policeman sheltering behind a stone wall metres from the guy waited for the second shot, jumped up to grab him and got shot.
    It seens relevant to gun control debates to ask, what is the evidence for sustained rate of fire of a SxS shotgun? Cowboy action shooters do a few quickly but what about over a minute or just over 30 seconds? Have tried an internet search but so far coming up empty. Maybe I could add "oven glove" to my search terms...
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I tried a search as well and came up blank. I know a a few cba shooters and will ask.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I tried a search as well and came up blank. I know a a few cba shooters and will ask.
    Maybe rarely done as they'd need hand guards before they'd even reach 10th second of a test. A good video clip might shoot down alot of nonsense, figuratively speaking.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    This assertion has been made before and I've been sceptical. Here's a video I made last time - 20 aimed rounds in about 28 seconds from a semi, not using the more modern loading techniques which would halve the reloading time. If anyone wants to demonstrate doing it faster with a SxS I'm perfectly willing to be convinced

https://youtu.be/yq-PEMugBg4
    thats fast alright......Im finding if push shell in too deep the bottom gate??lets it come back under it,so cant push anymore in.....so have to inssert carefully so rim keeps pressure on gate till last round is in.... good technique,would work with the old H&R as shells stayed in mag and didnt slip back into action...

SxS is usually way faster than U/O because barrels dont need to drop so far.....if your action drops down far enough and STAYS down so chambers are clear its pretty quick....a single barrel break open isnt that slow either...not fast like semi of course but not that slow either if you have right technique...my old bakail single is loose as a whores knicker elastic so barrel stays well open allowing quick stuffing of next round .actually back on topic im surprised its not using a centrefire...you COULD do it humainly with 308 and 110grn barnes to meet lead free requirement...plastic cases bad for enviroment but brass maybe ok.....

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    easy fix is use lead buckshot and recover ALL carcasses . that way safety is maintained and the lead that the kea would have ingested from eating the bodies is now not available.
    Also the bodies won't be left to rot in the waterways, sure that is a DOC permit requirement to remove them.
    veitnamcam and tetawa like this.

Unfortunately that beretta action is now illegal in NZ. But cowboys run SXS fast https://youtu.be/iN8YzuHY5Yk

Quote Originally Posted by Scouterkotare View Post
    Unfortunately that beretta action is now illegal in NZ. But cowboys run SXS fast https://youtu.be/iN8YzuHY5Yk
    That "beretta action" is fine here in NZ still its the Mag capacity that would be the issue and you can always trim that down by removing the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    This assertion has been made before and I've been sceptical. Here's a video I made last time - 20 aimed rounds in about 28 seconds from a semi, not using the more modern loading techniques which would halve the reloading time. If anyone wants to demonstrate doing it faster with a SxS I'm perfectly willing to be convinced

https://youtu.be/yq-PEMugBg4
    You didn't catch your emptys.!
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.