Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Drone hunting

sako75 likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Good idea, shoot your rifle upwards at a drone, even better post about it on a forum for the anti gunners to see and use against us!

I know not all cases would involve shooting upwards at it, but most do.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    not done much tops hunting then?
    It is still a case of checking your firing zone. If you are in DoC then there could be a myriad of issues, The firing zone behind a moving aerial target is dynamic and large and if you miss the bullet will go somewhere. Even shooting down on it from "the tops" leaves a larger area behind the drone, and the pilot will be out there somewhere.......

Ideally a shotgun for aerial targets but carrying one of those in DoC is also restricted.

As for the rules on drones, they are allowed in public land but they have a size restriction (1.5kg max or some such) and an altitude and range from pilot (line of sight)

They will be annoying, and I suspect they will get used in places that will intentionally annoy people. Like all sports and recreations there is a large group of reasonable people combined with a few arseholes to ruin it....
    Jexla likes this.

been done before....not sure if it was staged but you get the drift

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...nd-forest.html
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Hunters Club used a drone to move some geese up river in one of their episodes. Not sure if you would do it all the time but it worked well for that situation. I don't have a need (I mean money) for a drone so I will walk.

so many un-needed gimmicks etc these days, some people seem to have lost touch with good old fashioned hunting. Should be able to go hunting with ya pack and rifle and or dog and nail deer. If you need all the thermal, nightvision gear etc etc and what not then you aint doing it right or you have lost touch with "hunting"
    Pointer likes this.

but thats just my opinion. opinions are like arseholes... everyone has one. Each to their own
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pongo12 View Post
    so many un-needed gimmicks etc these days, some people seem to have lost touch with good old fashioned hunting. Should be able to go hunting with ya pack and rifle and or dog and nail deer. If you need all the thermal, nightvision gear etc etc and what not then you aint doing it right or you have lost touch with "hunting"
    I agree, but the toys are good fun to play with

Ive got a lad working for me at the moment . He's Drone mad . Spends by the sounds of it all his time and money, on on them . He tells me he's got one (he has many ) that is completely silent . For what I gather you can get real good quality images on your sd card , but the live transmitted image is not good .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I don't think anyone here is rely promoting the idea of shooting down a drone so the red-head can get her knickers untwisted. I just think it is sad when something like hunting becomes a kind of high tech race to the top rather than man vs deer/pig etc. I think we have enough advantage with a scoped rifle and/or dogs but hay it's a free country just please don't ruin the peace of the back country. Helicopters are annoying enough.

It's a good idea, but I think we should use drones as target to shoot.