Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Explaining Hunting to Vegetarians and Animal People

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I think , you can separate your two friends into a different group , and so when posting pics of dead stuff , you can only post to your good ol meat eating friends , and when you post pics of fluffy stuff , click on the group that has the two veggies in as well ..... a little bit better than saying "eff them if they don't like it " , at the very least it would show you respect their thoughts (even if you really don't )
    How do I achieve this with my wife?

;]
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If they don't want to be friends with you because you partake in a hobby they've no interest in then perhaps they're not worth keeping as friends? Can't please everyone, look after No. 1.
    So I'll quote you in my divorce papers then? "its ryan's fault"

(my wife has become vegan)

"I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    So I'll quote you in my divorce papers then? "its ryan's fault"

(my wife has become vegan)

More meat for us!

northdude
    The funniest thing with the animal lovers and vegies is when you ask them to explain where the leather came from that their hand bag and shoes they are wearing came from
    veitnamcam, Gibo and blake like this.

Ejected
    [QUOTE=Scouser;385126]
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post

Do you have a blog you put all your kills on?.....didnt think so...this guy only goes for SCI scores to 'brag' on his website 'how fukin great he is'.......dont see many (if any) doing that in NZ...i'm probably wrong though!

Im done discussing this yank prick, you all know where i stand.....
    Yes, last year I posted a hunting diary on the old fish n hunt forum and on that thread I posed a pick of everything I shot that year. I did this because I know my mates on the forum wanted to see the pics and share the experiance and also when I shoot a bunch of gooses I am proud and want to share because gooses are hard to shoot.

I didn't bother this year because fish n hunt forum has gone to shit but thats the only reason.
    Pointer and gadgetman like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    No that's your opinion and your entitled to it I find it strange that a lion gets killed and there's global outrage yet we have people and children getting killed and raped etc quite often by repeat offenders and everyone turns a blind eye and put it in the too hard basket shows the true character of our society
    At the same time as all this is happening we are fishing bluefin tuna, a huge unique and magnificant creature, into extinsion because someone can make money by selling them in cans and we all like sushi.

The outrage over Cecil the lion is an emotional reaction not a logical one.

[QUOTE=MassiveAttack;385190]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post

Yes, last year I posted a hunting diary on the old fish n hunt forum and on that thread I posed a pick of everything I shot that year. I did this because I know my mates on the forum wanted to see the pics and share the experiance and also when I shoot a bunch of gooses I am proud and want to share because gooses are hard to shoot.

I didn't bother this year because fish n hunt forum has gone to shit but thats the only reason.
    It did that long long ago, hence we are here
    Dundee and stingray like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    The outrage over Cecil the lion is an emotional reaction not a logical one.
    Usually is with these things.

[QUOTE=MassiveAttack;385190]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post

Good for you mate, we will obviously have to agree to disagree.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

The "holier than thou" attitude of some vegetarians is what really peeves me off - whatever happened to "live and let...hunt?"
    It is always interesting to point out hypocrisy - a vegetarian will spout on about animal feelings and how they feel pain....I would hasten to point out the below:
    If you leave a potato in the dark, or even plant it, the potato will grow....This tells us that it is ALIVE!!! Yet we peel it (alive), and boil it to death and proceed to eat it...
    This is where the vegetarian points out that plants have no feelings....how do we know? (example below):
    Acacia trees in Africa are a favourite food of elephants, yet when one is being eaten, it releases a stress pheromone to advise other acacia trees nearby to release a chemical into their sap which makes them taste bitter to elephants (thus saving them from being eaten...alive). From this, we can conclude that the acacia trees experience pain, or at the very least, a desire to live.
    Who's to say that the chemical onions release (that affects our eyes) isn't in response to being cut up (alive) or feeling pain?
    We are the product of evolution. Our brains have evolved and increased in size due to the consumption of animal fats (arguable that some people's brains are not evolved). To deny this, is to deny human nature and biology (and the nature of primates), the teeth and eye position has already been mentioned in a post above. If someone is capable of denying their very nature and origin, then it is plain that they are of another, lesser species and should not be so indignant when this is pointed out.

Shit Nickoli that's deep even for this forum!
    Nickoli likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Reality is cute one day beef calf below
    Name:  picture 6461.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  163.1 KB
    Three years down the track a freezer full of prime beef cuts
    Name:  picture 5906.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  163.2 KBName:  picture 5907.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  163.0 KBName:  picture 5909.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  162.5 KBName:  picture 5912.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  164.8 KBName:  picture 5913.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  164.8 KB
    P38, 300winmag, gadgetman and 2 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Just another philosophical Saturday night at home when I should be hunting...
    steven likes this.

Cows are a very clever way of making grass edible.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    No that's your opinion and your entitled to it I find it strange that a lion gets killed and there's global outrage yet we have people and children getting killed and raped etc quite often by repeat offenders and everyone turns a blind eye and put it in the too hard basket shows the true character of our society
    That one is too close to home for them. The crims that commit the crimes aren't cute, and what probably says more about the "vegetarian brigade" (for want of a better term) is that they find a lion in Africa more deserving of sympathy than an Indian dairy owner and father, or toddlers from poorer families right here at home. Killing an old Lion gets them upset, yet the death of innocent people and children here in their own back yards does not rate a mention. What does that say about the complainers?
    mikee likes this.