Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Film crew?

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Still all around twizel if that's any help
    Cheers will call DoC tomorrow to see what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by High Country Boy View Post
    Yeah they have finished filming. Starting to pull everything down
    Cheers mate

I rang DOC about getting access up there last Friday (19th). I had checked the DOC website which said the road had been closed and the 18th was the last day it was closed so I thought it may pay to check. The very nice lady at DOC Twizel didn't know so she said she would find out and ring me back. When she rang back she said the road was still closed for another week, which sounded pretty strange to me for a long weekend so I thought I would go for a look anyway and if that was the case would head up the Hopkins instead. Well got to the start of the road and yep all closed up. Stopped and talked to a guy in a van who was part of the film crew heading up and he said go for it, they have finished filming. Went past and all the set had been bulldozed and ended up being the first at the end of the road on the Friday afternoon. When I got back to the ute on Sunday it was a busy place, cars everywhere, 12 in the carpark, about 5 at base hut and a few up the Dingle track as well.
    Moral of the story. Don't always believe what DOC tell you.
    Oh and for the party of 5 with the dog who were heading into Watson stream and fired 3 shots over my head to say hello. I was NOT FUCKEN IMPRESSED. I had seen you about an hour before this when you were on the valley floor, there was no need for it. Sure you may have just been trying to say hello but it sure put the shits up me and no doubt other people in the park hearing your shots travel across the valley.
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    I rang DOC about getting access up there last Friday (19th). I had checked the DOC website which said the road had been closed and the 18th was the last day it was closed so I thought it may pay to check. The very nice lady at DOC Twizel didn't know so she said she would find out and ring me back. When she rang back she said the road was still closed for another week, which sounded pretty strange to me for a long weekend so I thought I would go for a look anyway and if that was the case would head up the Hopkins instead. Well got to the start of the road and yep all closed up. Stopped and talked to a guy in a van who was part of the film crew heading up and he said go for it, they have finished filming. Went past and all the set had been bulldozed and ended up being the first at the end of the road on the Friday afternoon. When I got back to the ute on Sunday it was a busy place, cars everywhere, 12 in the carpark, about 5 at base hut and a few up the Dingle track as well.
    Moral of the story. Don't always believe what DOC tell you.
    Oh and for the party of 5 with the dog who were heading into Watson stream and fired 3 shots over my head to say hello. I was NOT FUCKEN IMPRESSED. I had seen you about an hour before this when you were on the valley floor, there was no need for it. Sure you may have just been trying to say hello but it sure put the shits up me and no doubt other people in the park hearing your shots travel across the valley.
    Christ that's bloody ratshit. Get a car rego?

I called DoC Wanaka and got contact details for one of the production managers. Had the all clear so shot in Friday for two nights. Few tahr around. Not as busy in there as we thought it would be. Had the base hut to ourselves the first night.