Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: First gun

Get something that is cheap to shoot and shoot a lot. Practice will have more effect on your shooting than glass quality blah blah etc.
    lloydcj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydcj View Post
    Phillip Holden wrote `you don`t have to hunt with an ugly rifle` so that counts out Remington 770, Ruger American and Tikka.
    no budget counts out savage , Mossberg ect.
    You cant go past a Howa , Browning A- bolt or Weatherby mark5 .
    So a Savage is too cheap and a Tikka is too ugly but you're suggesting a Howa? Funniest thing I've heard all day!
    lloydcj likes this.

I think tikkas a sleak n sexy wee guns but they are on par with the howas for everthing except weight. They are noticably lighter and im guessing thats why they cost the extra few hundy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    So a Savage is too cheap and a Tikka is too ugly but you're suggesting a Howa? Funniest thing I've heard all day!
    +1

Theres a few good reasons I own a couple of savages

R93
    Holy mother puss bucket!!! Another what cal/gun thread has gone 3 pages.

I reckon a forum poll needs to be put up on which starter rifle, calibre and scope will be a reliable and informed purchase for anyone wanting to hunt deer and such in NZ.
    It will also have the distinction of being selected from a decent cross section of the forum.
    Run the poll for a few weeks. The setup that figures highest, gets made into a huge mother f@&king sticky, explaining that it was chosen via a poll conducted by the forum, which is full good keen bastards.

Or just buy a T3 in .260 topped with a bushy elite or loopy and be done with it.

The 7/08 is just an insult to the 7mm family

I would do it, but I am a computer retard and have a pole dance lesson.
    Last edited by R93; 24-04-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Savage1, mucko and BRADS like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

No 7mm08s what the 308 should have been to start with. Your right about the sticky poll but people will still ask 6months later and we wi still answer

falconhell likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    No 7mm08s what the 308 should have been to start with. Your right about the sticky poll but people will still ask 6months later and we wi still answer

Not serious about the 7/08 and the only answer required is, please refer to Big mother f@&king sticky at the top.

Fair enuff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Holy mother puss bucket!!! Another what cal/gun thread has gone 3 pages.

I reckon a forum poll needs to be put up on which starter rifle, calibre and scope will be a reliable and informed purchase for anyone wanting to hunt deer and such in NZ.
    It will also have the distinction of being selected from a decent cross section of the forum.
    Run the poll for a few weeks. The setup that figures highest, gets made into a huge mother f@&king sticky, explaining that it was chosen via a poll conducted by the forum, which is full good keen bastards.

Or just buy a T3 in .260 topped with a bushy elite or loopy and be done with it.

The 7/08 is just an insult to the 7mm family

I would do it, but I am a computer retard and have a pole dance lesson.
    Ive fuckn said this before aswell Dave, you ask a question and it goes out of control! the poor fulla just wants a definitive answer. A poll is the way to go then you dont have to troll thru pissing contests and guys trying to show how fucking knowall they are......or you can just get a 260 rem then ream it out to 260Ai and become part of the family
    job done I would do it but have to dance on a pole lesson???????............

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post

R93 is the sticky poll queen
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    R93 is the sticky poll queen
    LMFAO!! You have been sharp as, for the last few weeks. Staggys still goin at your place?
    Last edited by R93; 24-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.

ebf
    Ladies, let's keep focused here

Can we pls not suggest "sexy" calibers such as 260 or anything ending in AI to newbies... Not really fair to saddle them with instant reloading burden as well...

Basically anything that you can buy ammo for at the local RD1, and that will drop a deer, yup ? So 243, 7mm08, 308 etc.
    Spudattack and Sniper like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Ive fuckn said this before aswell Dave, you ask a question and it goes out of control! the poor fulla just wants a definitive answer. A poll is the way to go then you dont have to troll thru pissing contests and guys trying to show how fucking knowall they are......or you can just get a 260 rem then ream it out to 260Ai and become part of the family
    job done I would do it but have to dance on a pole lesson???????............

I am happy to be corrected but you and I are the only people I know on this forum that have .260 AI's Jas. Mine come about because I overloaded a standard .260 a bit much It is a small family as far as cals go and not really a starters calibre. Standard .260 however, is an ideal starter cal IMO
    Someone that knows what they are doing as far as polls go, should set one up and run it for at least 3 weeks. A poll for calibre, make and model of rifle and decent but not too expensive glass.

Banned
    I am happy to be corrected but, you, Sidney and I are the only people I know on this forum that have .260 AI's Jas. Mine come about because I overloaded a standard .260 a bit much It is a small family as far as cals go Ha Ha.
    Someone that knows what they are doing as far as polls go, should set one up and run it for at least 3 weeks. A poll for calibre, make and model of rifle and decent but not too expensive glass.
    I thought that you could start your own poll??? Its probably lucky ya cant as id be the first one putting best whorehouse polls up for every main city in new zealand I know anyway just wanted to gauge intrest.small family indeed Dave but im going to bet in a year that whanau will of expanded quite a bit!!! dont you? i havent even got close to testing my one to its limits and it bloody rocks!!!!!............they will come dave.......they will come my freind

LMFAO!! You have been sharp as, for the last few weeks. Staggys still goin at your place?
    Openings are there but the BS often puts me off posting .
    Not sure on the stags mate, heading down tomorrow for a look for a few days but Ill be a bit late I think.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!