Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Five for five

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

I walked 9 km.
    Got your step count for the day as well, then .
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Good shooting and a nice clean boning job.
    +1
    Tahr likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Am pleased that you got one. I saw some where you go but didn't shoot any of them. I got these ones elsewhere and there were far too many. I use binos and a good 'scope. You can see the Tract 'scope in the pic with the 2 deer and HQ's. I do have a hand held thermal for the wallaby - Ive taken it to where you are talking about for a gander and you would be amazed what you see walking about after dark.
    There are a few around at the moment.
    Nice......out of curiosity, what thermal do you have, @Tahr ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Nice......out of curiosity, what thermal do you have, @Tahr ?

Thanks
    A hand held Guide 50
    Trout likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

A hand held Guide 50
    Welcome to hunting night shifts now Tahr.Learn to switch eyes for viewing now and then.Easier on the eyes.
    Micky Duck and RUMPY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Welcome to hunting night shifts now Tahr.Learn to switch eyes for viewing now and then.Easier on the eyes.
    I mainly use it for wallaby on dusk before shooting light goes. Brilliant for that.
    I use it for deer less often. If I used it all the time there would be none left.
    Trout, Micky Duck, ROKTOY and 1 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Epic work there Tahr! A big night putting in the sweat and kms for, no doubt, a grateful cause!
    Tidy work too, great skills mate
    Tahr likes this.

You will be happy with those results as will the people receiving your hard work. Certainly keeps the body and mind ticking over well done.
    Tahr likes this.

I offered some mince and sausages to one of the local churches and they weren't keen due to the red tape/risk. I don't have an abundance like yourself but thought it would nice to help out their food bank
    Tahr, Micky Duck and Ned like this.

Yeah, I love it. Labour of love. I particularly like it when it when its calm, fine and frosty. And it was. Great to be alive.

I walked 9 km.
    Thar ya bugger - bloody jealous - well done mate- me still on tractor bouncing around bloody paddocks until 8.30 - still cant moan Baler boys would not have finished until midnight - yes few around allright -one place we go takes about 1 hour on quad to get out the back and of an evening nothing to see 60-80 fallow - but rubbish heads place needs at least 200 does culled out - if not more
    Micky Duck likes this.

Not sure what you mean here?
    may be he clicked onto wrong forum yuk yuk

Quote Originally Posted by Brindog View Post
    good one tahr are there high numbers and where about asking for the region. is it private land too or public seen places that look like private but end up being public so can't tell. what sort of rifle are you using are there good genetics in the area and if there is good on you for taking that ugly antlered buck nice looking coat but split palms are really not good shot one up in the central north island awesome hunt shot a character but sorta of abit ugly looking split palm buck 24 points shame about the palms though would've made it my best fallow to date and it is up on the wall but euro mounted. good for you tahr
    High-ish numbers that need to be kept on top of. Private bounding public. Excellent trophy potential (I shot a 243 DS buck last year). Reds and Fallow. Rifle on that outing was a 20" barrel Sako A7.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    Thar ya bugger - bloody jealous - well done mate- me still on tractor bouncing around bloody paddocks until 8.30 - still cant moan Baler boys would not have finished until midnight - yes few around allright -one place we go takes about 1 hour on quad to get out the back and of an evening nothing to see 60-80 fallow - but rubbish heads place needs at least 200 does culled out - if not more
    I'm licking my wounds at the moment. 3 broken ribs and one cracked. A week ago in the docking pen a ewe leapt head first into my side. Ouch. Drugs have been my friends. Today I got off the kick arse ones and changed down to Panadol. Tomorrow I intend to reduce to nothing during the day. Back on the hill in no time.
    57jl, Micky Duck and RUMPY like this.
    - Rumi

I'm licking my wounds at the moment. 3 broken ribs and one cracked. A week ago in the docking pen a ewe leapt head first into my side. Ouch. Drugs have been my friends. Today I got off the kick arse ones and changed down to Panadol. Tomorrow I intend to reduce to nothing during the day. Back on the hill in no time.
    Shit that's no good i thought you were a bit quite lately.
    Hope you come right soon

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    Tahr likes this.

Banned
    You'll be lucky if your back on the hill soon, broken / cracked ribs take ages.
    Tahr likes this.