Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Forest & Bird v The Wapiti Herd

Banned
    SCI do a lot more than most hunters realise in situations like this.

Unfortunately this is the world in which you are entering. Not much about data and science. 50% lawyers/lawsuits, 50% bleeding hearts on social media.
    You might say that I’ve seen the future :/
    Micky Duck likes this.

It is worthwhile noting that the legal challenge to the FWF/DOC management agreement is actually quite correct and I have heard it explained that very likely the judicial review would find in favour of F&B as the current arrangement isn't supported by legislation.

Having said that, the probable outcome from the judicial review would be no management while an adhoc arrangement was put in place as DOC doesn't seem to have any spare funding to start a control program from scratch and won't be getting any in this economy. I suspect that that is one of the driving forces behind the pause - as some control is better than none. As well as a complete stop on management the resulting structure and agreement from DOC's end to get control and management restarted would be thrown together in haste and likely F&B have decided it would be better to be in at that table rather than having a pissup at a pub down the road 'celebrating' a hollow win.

It's a reality moment rather than an end of proceedings but this does need to be sorted properly.

I wonder if the powers that be have told F&B that if they persist with it then it will be made a Herd of Special Interest and they won’t get any input into it?
    Micky Duck and Eat Meater like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

That was the suggestion that I heard, and done at an emergency speed thing as well which would I guess mean a fairly simple declaration in compliance with the relevant legislation and empowering someone to run the management with a review date to allow more detail to be fleshed out later. In other words, not what a right-minded conversation I mean conservation charity would want haha.

I see that F&B are going for a grant via 'My giving circle'. At the moment they are third and NZDA have managed to get to second. Fun to try and stick it to F&B after their latest BS. Chuck a vote on.

https://mygivingcircle.org/new-zeala...nts-trust/vote
    csmiffy likes this.

This is an interesting idea. He has loads of great prizes, entry is for those that have donated at least $15 to FWF.
    I believe it close in a week.

Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com