Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Free Range

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Some people can't do anything at all without making it competitive unfortunately! You know, the sort of people who speed up on passing lanes...
    God I hate those pricks!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Thirdguy likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Not even hunting. Hunting is called hunting not shooting for a reason
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    I like both hence why I'm on this forum
    possummatti likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

My view is free range should basically be an animal where you don't have to pay a fee to be on the land or to shoot the animal. So basically DOC land, or on a farm where the deer are not caged/fenced in.
    Scouser likes this.

It's called "free" range for a reason, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    My view is free range should basically be an animal where you don't have to pay a fee to be on the land or to shoot the animal. So basically DOC land, or on a farm where the deer are not caged/fenced in.
    No that would be wild or feral or best of all original release un polluted gene pool public land, which is actually very rare now days most of our wild herds are polluted to some degree with release or escapee blood.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

If we didnt have dishonest pricks out there there wouldn't be a problem. I can see whata gonna happen to the future of hunting competitions either
    1. Non existential because of greenies and townies and clowns going out and shooting people whilst hunting
    Or
    2. The rules will be hell crazy just to keep it a honest competition.

Unfortunate that GCs are a dying breed
    Blaser likes this.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

oh fuck i'm still out collecting eggs from the ducks and chooks
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I talked to the sika show about this , didn't seem to worried that it was a farm stag shot in a farm deer paddock. The sika show is a trade show now, not a hunting competition.

Free range to me means not fenced in. Can be public or private, but there's a difference in my eye between free range private and free range public. That is, anyone can access public free range so it is the ultimate level playing field.
    Sniper, Scouser, Gibo and 2 others like this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    Hunting is also a sport done from horseback and with a pack of dogs chasing foxes in the country of origin and hares here in NZ...no shooting involved.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Free range to me means not fenced in. Can be public or private, but there's a difference in my eye between free range private and free range public. That is, anyone can access public free range so it is the ultimate level playing field.
    Should one differentiate between free range private, with permission and free range private, without permission?

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Should one differentiate between free range private, with permission and free range private, without permission?
    I think poaching usually disqualifies haha. Ethics aside they are the same to me except most of the time hunters will claim to have shot it on public land if they were poaching.

If anyone really wants to get in the business of making hunting a competition, or comparing yourself to others in some way or another, public land hunting seems the best way to do it.

But it only matters to you if it matters to you. Hunting is however competitive or not competitive you make it. Personally I'm about setting goals for yourself as a hunter and setting out to achieve them. I really want to shoot an 8 point sika because it's a challenge and the challenge motivates me to get out there. And if it motivates me to spend more time in the hills, then I'm glad.
    Dougie, Scouser, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    I think poaching usually disqualifies haha. Ethics aside they are the same to me except most of the time hunters will claim to have shot it on public land if they were poaching.

If anyone really wants to get in the business of making hunting a competition, or comparing yourself to others in some way or another, public land hunting seems the best way to do it.

But it only matters to you if it matters to you. Hunting is however competitive or not competitive you make it. Personally I'm about setting goals for yourself as a hunter and setting out to achieve them. I really want to shoot an 8 point sika because it's a challenge and the challenge motivates me to get out there. And if it motivates me to spend more time in the hills, then I'm glad.
    game..
    A poacher is someone who uses wire nooses and traps, usually targeting small game...if fire arms are involved, then they become armed intruders, trespassers and possibly theives .

As for your challenge for the 8 point sika you will need to pass up taking the easy ones and learn to walk past them.
    initiaz likes this.

I think it's common sense but no matter where you turn now days there's always some egg that want to get one over you. And the townie fraze gets up my nose. Most younger country bumpkins have been places there not meant to be. I've lived both sides of the wire and you will always get this but it spoils it for everyone. Doesn't mean your a better hunter in my books just at the right time & place or lucky to have a good area if you got a prize head and if you cheat then the only head is a dickhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk