Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Free Range

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    'Free-Range' means the animal is born and raised in the wild from a wild population and is hunted in a wild area of public or private land with no barriers to roam, natural or man-made, to prevent evasion of a potential hunter. Liberated or selectively-bred animals do not qualify as free-range game.

New Zealand Professional Hunting Guides Association. - Home

FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals.

www.boone-crockett.org/huntingEthics

Personally I believe it all comes down to circumstances - free range on private will likely mean restricted entry and bigger animals maybe, but still free range by def, simply lucky buggers
    Blaser and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Addicted to gun powder

+1 rogers.270, that is my interpretation as well, not one of those stags that is left alone and not shot for a few years to 'mature' and then some rich overseas 'hunter' comes over and shoots it for $1,000 per point and claims a 'world record free range' record......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

yeah remember going to a certain CHCH taxidermist years ago .nice big wapiti full body mount being readied for shipping sans rack.i asked the bloke what size rack it had .reply was it belonged to singapore billionares son ,whom daddy sent on safari in nz cause he was a little shit.
    As $20,000 plus was the cost they awaited a rack of 24 farmed points to dowel into the head for pride of place in its singapore home. my memory is vivid and i still reel in fuckin disgust when i think of it. that video of the yank chick would be disgusting if all involved werent so fucking pathetic.and to proudly have it do the rounds in NZ FFS who advises these clowns!

Money Kotuku, money, if you got enough you can win what you want. I often think about Ellison, Couttts and Spittle in that Americas Cup. That's gotta be a hollow victory, but they don't give a rats arse they have the cup, but I can't see the point. If I was Dean Barker and Grant Dalton I would have said fuck it and taken up knitting after that, these wankers don't deserve good competition. Oh hold on its about the money, show me the enough and I'd bend over for you!
    I'd be really pissed to be beaten by a farmed animal, but that's the way of the world. 3 D printers will be making Sika heads in the future!
    initiaz likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    3 D printers will be making Sika heads in the future!
    When you have done with that, print me a couple of compliant women please Maca.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    I think poaching usually disqualifies haha. Ethics aside they are the same to me except most of the time hunters will claim to have shot it on public land if they were poaching.

If anyone really wants to get in the business of making hunting a competition, or comparing yourself to others in some way or another, public land hunting seems the best way to do it.

But it only matters to you if it matters to you. Hunting is however competitive or not competitive you make it. Personally I'm about setting goals for yourself as a hunter and setting out to achieve them. I really want to shoot an 8 point sika because it's a challenge and the challenge motivates me to get out there. And if it motivates me to spend more time in the hills, then I'm glad.
    Phil, here's my wee Oprah moment. You're a bright young man, it's so much fun to watch you discover more and more about life each day. So proud to have young people like you around. This post is a testimony to your intelligence.

I don't care what other people say about your ditsy blonde hair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Phil, here's my wee Oprah moment. You're a bright young man, it's so much fun to watch you discover more and more about life each day. So proud to have young people like you around. This post is a testimony to your intelligence.

I don't care what other people say about your ditsy blonde hair...

Geeze have you been chopping a few onions this morning, Dougie haha. It's nice to know someone thinks I'm more than just a pretty face lol
    Dougie likes this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    When you have done with that, print me a couple of compliant women please Maca.
    Annabel Langbein...Free Range Cook. I know she is a favourite of yours and R93. You wont find the likes of her behind a fence.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Geeze have you been chopping a few onions this morning, Dougie haha. It's nice to know someone thinks I'm more than just a pretty face lol
    Yeah pretty much mate sorry for the soppy shit but it's true, wish there were more young men like yourself.

Too many dipshits in the gene pool with their pants half way down their asses and sitting in the couch complaining.

veitnamcam, Scouser and Gibo like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Annabel Langbein...Free Range Cook. I know she is a favourite of yours and R93. You wont find the likes of her behind a fence.
    Na I have met her. Not my cup of tea at all. Nigella on the other hand
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Shes all urs mate. U neva know might come in a package with a bit of cocain as well.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You mean 'two hands'.....weigheeeeheigh......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    As usual this has gone way off topic.......I feel for the other guys doing the hard yards to shoot a stag only to be beaten by a person opening there cheque book.
    Blaser and Scouser like this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

I hunt both private and public land.....in both cases I consider my hunting free range as the animals were born wild lived in a wild state and knew no boundaries bar a 7 wire fence, which we all know wont hold deer. As a meat hunter myself im not out there to win prizes, but if I found a nice trophy animal I certainly wouldn't leave him out there either. I think that if you have to cheat to win a prize, that it says a lot about you as a person. In this case of an animal being brought and shot I don't feel it's free range. If that's what you have to do to win a comp then shame on you, cause that ain't hunting it's simply shooting.
    Shootm and Scouser like this.

Remind me of an American video, sponsored by bow tech. That american dude get flown over the southern alps in a chopper, they spot a good thar, scared him and make sure he stays in gully where the only way is down.
    The chopper pilot drop the bow hunter and camera crew at bottom of gully, then fly back up and push that poor thar down to
    The guy with the bow ,he shot it, in the head and kills it. And he claims the animal being truly free range.
    I ll let you guys be the judges of that as well!