Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Geraldine Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Dont forget that pooks are protected gamebirds only took be hunted with a license in season. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the little duckling killing barstards and there are too many of them but just letting you know as you are new to the area.
    I thought landowners/occupiers, or someone whom they appoint, can kill Pukeko year around for pest control if they become a pest, example to protect seedlings and young plants.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I thought landowners/occupiers, or someone whom they appoint, can kill Pukeko year around for pest control if they become a pest, example to protect seedlings and young plants.
    With a permit I think you can. Same deal with ducks, but its more a permit to allow you to "scare" them away
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    With a permit I think you can. Same deal with ducks, but its more a permit to allow you to "scare" them away
    Correct Josh, but if they get too close then it is possible to scare them to death
    JoshC and blake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    oh no... you've shot me pet puke!!!!!! LMAO
    got a photo on my work phone, stopped and picked one of them up one arvo while sowing fert in the paddocks.
    hope you took the back straps out of the hare and gave them the hot frypan and bread n butter treatment....scofemupdelishemo
    Stripped all three of legs, straps, breasts and hearts. Hare is still in the freezer, pukekos got to sit in the crockpot for a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Dont forget that pooks are protected gamebirds only took be hunted with a license in season. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the little duckling killing barstards and there are too many of them but just letting you know as you are new to the area.
    No worries, boss filled me in on the rules. There are loads of them here, he asked me to sneak up and pop a few around the pump houses on the farm as they get covered in pukeko-crap otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    oh no... you've shot me pet puke!!!!!! LMAO
    got a photo on my work phone, stopped and picked one of them up one arvo while sowing fert in the paddocks.
    hope you took the back straps out of the hare and gave them the hot frypan and bread n butter treatment....scofemupdelishemo
    You gonna have to stop by for a yap and show me the photo.

it will happen....soon as fert cranks up and I can get away from rearing calves!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    give me a bell when you get here,,i have a danish hunter arriving july/august
    Just got a cellphone, PM me your name + number and Ill hit you up right away.