Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Guns on a plane?

Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Hey possummatti
    I'm in morrinsville and have a case you can borrow for your trip mate. Save ya some coin for more lemonade lol. PM me or ring the Morrinsville Fitness Centre, ask for Carl. 👍
    Sweet cheers Carl. Ill let you know of i need one closer to the time. I think i know ya are you the guy that owns the show or not?
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    @Gibo & @Barefoot what are these 'permits' you speak of for Minginui?.....thought it was only Ureweras that where off limits....Minginui is in the Whirinaki forest....yes?
    I assumed that Whirinaki was included in the new state of Ngai Tuhoe. I'll have to go check now.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I assumed that Whirinaki was included in the new state of Ngai Tuhoe. I'll have to go check now.
    Same

And don't leave your bolt in your carry-on, or you'll get a grilling by security for trying to take a firearm on the plane
    300winmag and possummatti like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

This thread title, maybe it's just me but I thought it was going to be about someone fitting an aircraft with firearms.

Notify the airline about a week or two before flying and they will add to your booking that you are taking a firearm. No problems
    possummatti likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    Sweet cheers Carl. Ill let you know of i need one closer to the time. I think i know ya are you the guy that owns the show or not?
    Yeah thats me.Here all day everyday so not hard to find
    possummatti likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

So your allowed to take firearms but not snakes??
    Gibo likes this.

Most airlines post information regarding carriage of firearms and ammunition with their dangerous goods policy, it's pretty straight forward.
    Dangerous Goods - Checked in Baggage - Baggage - Air New Zealand
    Dangerous Goods | Jetstar

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Most airlines post information regarding carriage of firearms and ammunition with their dangerous goods policy, it's pretty straight forward.
    Dangerous Goods - Checked in Baggage - Baggage - Air New Zealand
    Dangerous Goods | Jetstar
    FYI those AirNZ rules are for international flights. Domestic is easy, rock up with the firearms in a locked case, and ammo and bolt in another locked bag, sign the docket and produce the docket when picking up the bags. The downside is that you need to have 2 bags on your ticket, and make sure you do it before arriving at the airport. $30 extra when booking the ticket vs $70 when paying at check in.

Flew Jetstar only once in 2012 with firearms and the check in folks had to call thru to Australia for information on firearms, it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Name:  xray_guns02.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  219.1 KB

On the plus side of travelling with firearms out of Queenstown, the security / x-ray folks are very chatty and let you take photos of your gear when it's xrayed.
    Dougie likes this.

Those x-rays look cool Not much to a scope really is there

nah, it's a cheapy $$ scope
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    And don't leave your bolt in your carry-on, or you'll get a grilling by security for trying to take a firearm on the plane
    That happened to me on an international flight from Auckland last year, didn't go down well when I told the security supervisor that it was just a chunk of metal that I could hit someone over the head with, he spat the dummy and called the cops. Airport copper duly arrived and could see the funny side and also the rules. Luckily I made my flight with all my stuff. Good wraps to the Air NZ staff, they sent up a guy to relieve me of the offending part and place it in one of my bags, but shit that Security supervisor was anal.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    That happened to me on an international flight from Auckland last year, didn't go down well when I told the security supervisor that it was just a chunk of metal that I could hit someone over the head with, he spat the dummy and called the cops. Airport copper duly arrived and could see the funny side and also the rules. Luckily I made my flight with all my stuff. Good wraps to the Air NZ staff, they sent up a guy to relieve me of the offending part and place it in one of my bags, but shit that Security supervisor was anal.
    Hope he lubed?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Hope he lubed?
    What's the go with taking firearms in you car in November Gibo? Any special rules?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms