Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Heading to Molesworth in May, looking for advice

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Would have been 20 min on the compressor instead of 10, still lousy to come back to.
    Was a nasty one near springs junction, hilux had EVERYTHING stripped off it. Matter of time till a tramper / hunter / anyone gets hypothermia, due to expecting a nice warm car to get out if the rain and finding smashed windows and no battery.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Was a nasty one near springs junction, hilux had EVERYTHING stripped off it. Matter of time till a tramper / hunter / anyone gets hypothermia, due to expecting a nice warm car to get out if the rain and finding smashed windows and no battery.
    My Sis In Law does a lot of the AA callouts in Reefton, She has seen a couple of wagons stripped out on the Rahu Saddle, you are right, it could have a disastrous outcome one day.

Lake Sumner carpark at Windy point is another known hotspot for thieves

Is the stretch of land between Tophouse road and the clarence river private land? Our plan was to park somewhere along the road and cross the river into the block. I guess I assumed it was public, but if it is private, how would I go about getting a hold of the landowner to gain permission. I would be fine paying a fee if needed.

Estentially the road from hanmer to lake tennyson , to the west is st james conservation, also hanmer forest. To the east molesworth station. Same applies to the road to acheron confluence.

Exeptions being the ski field (anyone shot anything a ski lift before.......) and the st james homestead. Fowlers pass hut.... its a roof walls and a fireplace thats it.

Check out the nztopo 50 map for south island, $5 nz 1.2gb xovers the whole thing o your phone, no need for reception (how kuch did we pay for paper topos that you needed four of as you where in the wrong corner of the bloody thing)

Bos
    Quote Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
    Is the stretch of land between Tophouse road and the clarence river private land? Our plan was to park somewhere along the road and cross the river into the block. I guess I assumed it was public, but if it is private, how would I go about getting a hold of the landowner to gain permission. I would be fine paying a fee if needed.
    There are always vehicles parked down of the road.People either fishing, or crossing the river to hunt, so it is generally accepted practise. In saying that, there are limited spots where you can drive down off the road, but I dont see why your situation is any different
    Personally I wouldn't worry about it

It started raining in Hanmer at 7.30pm tonight and is meant to carry on tomorrow.

I've hunted the Molesworth and happy to provide advice. Give me a call if you want 021 0309461.

I hunted Alberta a few years ago and it was awesome.

Looks like Acheron Rd is still closed but they have just re opened the Edwards valley today

Put up some CCTV signs.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.