Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: help with NZ visitors firearms application

The main thing I have an issue with is if you used for example " a person"on you application as to where the firearms are actually stored then that "a person"effectively in the eyes of the Police also becomes your sponsor for your firearms licence with out actually knowing anything about you at all. Who knows you could in reality be a "homocidal cross dressing dwarf with mummy issues" ........................................ or a really genuine nice guy
    If you just use that address for the application and actually have your rifle with you where ever you may be in your camper or car then that cause cause a problem for them ( as well as you) if your stuff is stolen because it was unlawfully stored. Its a difficult situation for both parties not different to other countries
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

i'm with Boraxa, my question is if you rock up to some forum in the uk or the us and ask for advice leading to free hunting how far would you get? I visit a few overseas sites from time to time and I have not seen the same cap in hand "would love to go hunting in your beautiful country" type posts. To be fair many of these people are great but frankly I would not do it myself if traveling without offering an attractive genuine swap-a-hunt deal it would just feel wrong. There are a lot of freeloaders in the world. I have traveled to some remote parts of the pacific and have encountered several young men who were living with island familys under what seemed like false pretence (oh I am going to set them up a website for their bungalows when I get home, guy), oh they have invited me to be part of their family,"are you doing any work for them in their gardens or something? Uh no... The freedom camping situation is a great example of how badly visitors can treat our environment -aw you guys haven't provided us with a toilet and we don't have shovel to dig a hole, yet one-on-one these people are probably nice to talk to. I couldn't bring myself to shit on the ground in a freedom camping area in someone else's country. The thing is Kiwi generosity on these forums has created a self-perpetuating stream of further enquiries when good barstards post up their I took billy from X on a hunt and we had a great time and shot Y and sure some of these encounters have led to hunt swaps and enduring friendships but others.........
    tetawa, mikee, Boaraxa and 1 others like this.