Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Here we go again

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374030238.438351.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  47.5 KB
    Go Pi!
    Toby likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Thats a hard case movie aye......I personally think he took to much acid!

AB Precision
    What replaces it?

Never will be pest free but still have to be controlled and it's the most cost effective way for success even with its draw backs.

It maybe trophy potential down there but could do with a clean out as well with scrubbers an deer numbers still thrive down there. . . .

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That bloody woman infuriates me. I spoke to her in Rotorua once and offered to take her into the bush to experience the silence after a 1080 drop. she was not in the slightest bit interested.
    I understand her not wanting to go bush with you, especially when you mention a "dawn chorus"
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

and the viable alternative is???............................................. .................................................. .........
    At least investigating alternatives, instead of head up arse
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    What replaces it?
    Sic the young PT Dundee on them with his new bow. Should have them gone in no time.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    At least investigating alternatives, instead of head up arse
    I can even help with a suggestion Maca. If we are open to an alternate view point and come at the issue from the angle that possums, stoats and rats aren't the problem and rather that possums, stoats and rats procreating are the problem then all that needs to be done is for DSIR to come up with a species specific sterilisation drug, whack it into a shitload of pellets and aerial apply repeatedly across the country. Not a stoat or rat left in five years and no possums after 12. BAM!
    Last edited by Rushy; 17-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    mucko likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

I can even help with a suggestion Maca. If we are open to an alternate view point and come at the issue from the angle that possums, stoats and rats aren't the problem and rather that possums, stoats and rats procreating are the problem then all that needs to be done is for DSIR to come up with a species specific sterilisation drug, whack it into a shitload of pellets and aerial apply repeatedly across the country. Not a stoat or rat left in five years and no possums after 12. BAM!
    Yeah, cause genetic mutation is so much more palatable than poison.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

They're working on something similar in Australia for Carp. Trying to work on creating "daughterless carp" which will in theory breed themselves out.
    Very expensive though that kind of work and takes years and there are no guarantees. The problem with those sorts of things is the risk of non target species being affected.

I probably already said this but in Aus we're about a year away from releasing PAPP as a replacement for 1080 on pigs and dogs (foxes, wild dogs, dingos etc.). Doesn't effect natives i.e. your possums but could maybe work on stoats!

Yeah, cause genetic mutation is so much more palatable than poison.
    Read again.. Not talking mutation. Talking sterilisation. Sterilisation equals no reproduction. Nothing gets mutated

Read again.. Not talking mutation. Talking sterilisation. Sterilisation equals no reproduction. Nothing gets mutated
    Sounds like an awful lot of docking rings are needed then.

Sounds like an awful lot of docking rings are needed then.
    For the last time, read what I wrote. Enough.

Here is a petition to ban 1080 there has been a few but don't seem to do any good.

Just sign if you want.

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...share_petition
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    I raised the issue at our annual GM of the NZDA....The government using my tax dollars to fund DOC to drop indiscriminatly on 'National Parks'....not holding my breath......
    they are sneaky fuckers the way the fund it. first you get the TB issue when you prove its bullshit they go the biodiversity route. then when DOC uses their budget the Animal Health board uses their budget. Now waikato rate payers fund it. when they dumped it on my back door last year all the private land that was hit had deer repellent doc refused to use deer repellent. Deer and Pig in particular have been here long enough i feel to be regarded as indigenous. it is good enough to say we are from here and this is our home the animals deserve the same treatment and protection.
    veitnamcam likes this.

It would work if they were not targeting the deer Rushy. oh thats right it's illegal to target deer with 1080 we just not put repellent on it and drop it when deer are pushed for feed oops 50% of the deer population just died a slow and painful death equal to ebola.
    veitnamcam likes this.