Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How to put a map on basecamp to put gps stuff across to?

Bottom one works for me download to gps export etc save

I've gone a different route which seems to be working ok so far.

Waterproof Samsung S5mini loaded it with the 'NZ Maps' app by Atlogis. Has full NZ Topo50 maps loaded for offline use so works with no cell covergage.
    Do all my spot logging, huts, tracks and pissing about etc on Google Earth (with Topo50 overlays) , then export out as a kml and load on to phone.

Have all my GPS stuff, phone and camera in one.... with a better screen than a dedictaed GPS device.
    Ping-Ping and Pew-Pew.
    Mathews Monster 28" @ 60#. X-Bolt .308

I got a alpha100 couple of days ago been playing around with it on basecamp if you look at the top it says birdseye which basically just overlaps the topo map with a google earth view its pretty good I cant believe all the features these things have never owned a gps.
    must say though im pleased I never started off with such a device can see how easy it would be to wander around with no bush sense at all.

used to use WAMS to find and mark spots then download to gps but doesn't seem to work anymore so have gone to using google earth to find and mark likely spots then use a website called gps visualiser to convert from kml to gpx then drag and drop them into the gps sd card. I gave up on getting a topomap to load onto basecamp and picked up topo4maps with my flybuys ...........some dicking around to get it to work with windows 8 (had to change the compatibility settings to windows 7 ) works well now