Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hunter coming from Denmark need help

  1. #31
    Caretaker stug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rolleston, Canterbury
    Posts
    4,905
    @hunt08 you don’t need cell service to use Topo50 on your phone.
    308 and Micky Duck like this.

  2. #32
    Member littlemorepork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    the moniker is Kotuku OK get it right .the small owl type from munich also needs an eye test or is it another subtle attempt at sarcasm.
    kotuku, would you please allow me to formally apologize that I misspelled your name Sir! I feel deeply embarrassed and promise it won‘t happen again. I hope very much you accept this and I wish you a nice evening!
    Kindest regards
    littlemorepork
    Micky Duck likes this.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Wanganui
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    @hunt08 you don’t need cell service to use Topo50 on your phone.
    Sorry I was talking about the comment by Bagheera there’s cell phone coverage over a lot of the mountains specially at higher altitudes. Not using the top50 maps I use them to as my only gps
    Bagheera and stug like this.

  4. #34
    Member Hayden C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    611
    Hi Magnus,

    To get the most out of your NZ trip I suggest leveraging on local knowledge here rather than spend your limited time trying to work all of this out for yourself. Lots of us here can help and would easily be able to put you in front of Deer, Tahr and Chamois without too much trouble and provide you with a true NZ hunting experience.

    Couple of questions for you - do you do any hunting in Denmark and what type? The more we know about you and your capabilities the more likely it is that people here will offer to take you out.

    I've spent a day walking around Dyrehaven just north of Copenhagen and often wonder what opportunities exit for the average hunter living there might be, if any?

    Hayden
    RUMPY likes this.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Whanganui
    Posts
    872
    Actually Micky Duck is right on.
    If you pay my fare over fron aussie and pay for the helicopter costs myself and Sharki will spend a week in the mountains guiding you around. No better offer offered.

  6. #36
    Member Hayden C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJason View Post
    Actually Micky Duck is right on.
    If you pay my fare over fron aussie and pay for the helicopter costs myself and Sharki will spend a week in the mountains guiding you around. No better offer offered.
    Good on you SJ. Magnus, this would be a very good option for you, I can't free up a week but maybe a few days around family/work commitments. Old Smoky knows a thing or two about Tahr hunting........

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    16
    Hallo SmokeyJason, thank you so much! What will the prices be for that? that could be interesting for me!

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    16
    Hallo Hayden!
    Thank you! I am hunting here in Denmark with shotgun, shooting phasan, hare, duck, geese and so on. Also I hunt with rifle to shoot roe deer and Fallow deer
    And have been on hunting trip in Africa, Europe and USA with rifle also, so I have a lot of experience, but no hunting in the mountains before
    Cool that you have been to Denmark and in Dyrehaven. Where is no hunt opportunities in dyrehaven... They only shoot something themselves to sort out in the "population". Was that your question?

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Whanganui
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDenmark View Post
    Hallo SmokeyJason, thank you so much! What will the prices be for that? that could be interesting for me!
    Return trip from melbourne is nearly a grand, it's been a while since I've flown in with a helicopter so perhaps one of the other chaps might be more enlightened on the subject. Deer and chamois in North West land, say close to Ahaura or into the Wanganui River, that has merit as the big three are in there. There is also head of Mikonui, that's reasonably close to hokitika.
    Ps for you more enlightened chaps, they've changed the name of wanganui city to whanganui but is the wanganui river in west land still wanganui river. Wouldn't want to end up getting dropped off in God knows where part of the country just by missing out one letter.
    Micky Duck likes this.

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Whanganui
    Posts
    872
    With luck you should have enough post to receive a pm.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Whanganui
    Posts
    872
    It appeared that my cphone can not send a pm direct, so if you can send one to me we can go from there, I have no problem replying.

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJason View Post
    Return trip from melbourne is nearly a grand, it's been a while since I've flown in with a helicopter so perhaps one of the other chaps might be more enlightened on the subject. Deer and chamois in North West land, say close to Ahaura or into the Wanganui River, that has merit as the big three are in there. There is also head of Mikonui, that's reasonably close to hokitika.
    Ps for you more enlightened chaps, they've changed the name of wanganui city to whanganui but is the wanganui river in west land still wanganui river. Wouldn't want to end up getting dropped off in God knows where part of the country just by missing out one letter.
    The WANGANUI river near Hari Hari on the west coast is still Wanganui, the city and river in the North Island are both WHANGANUI.

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Whanganui
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by RUMPY View Post
    The WANGANUI river near Hari Hari on the west coast is still Wanganui, the city and river in the North Island are both WHANGANUI.
    Aha, that makes sense.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 01:14 PM
  2. Greetings from Denmark
    By tagergaard in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 11:44 AM
  3. Bowhunter from Denmark
    By Flohr in forum Archery
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 08:21 AM
  4. Hunter Education Course - Auckland coming up!
    By The Bloke in forum Upcoming Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 11:27 AM
  5. Hunting with Cartsen , from Denmark
    By linyera in forum Hunting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!