Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: hunter down :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Anyone who thinks that they are a not a vulnerable human being, who can not make an unexplainable mistake, should bury their rifles in concrete and go and see a counsellor.

If you can’t accept that anyone could shoot anyone by mistake, you simply lack the the self awareness to be allowed firearms.
    This is how the judges see it as well...that's why Dumber only got 9 months and $7000 reparation for blatant murder at 16 metres
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    That would depend on whether it was said with bravado/stupidity or with conviction of one's attitude/ self discipline.
    I dont think it matters how its thought or said mate. If you are thinking that way there is a problem straight away. Im sure the guy with 45 years experience had plenty
    of conviction and self discipline also - yet a poor guy wearing blaze gets shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    I dont think it matters how its thought or said mate. If you are thinking that way there is a problem straight away. Im sure the guy with 45 years experience had plenty
    of conviction and self discipline also - yet a poor guy wearing blaze gets shot.
    What ever he had, as sure as hell it wasn't self discipline.
    R93 and oneipete like this.

What ever he had, as sure as hell it wasn't self discipline.
    Well lets just hope your never in his position.

Well lets just hope your never in his position.
    I think you may be misunderstanding the words or concept of 'self discipline'...because if this guy had any, then this position/situation would have had a happier ending.

I think you may be misunderstanding the words or concept of 'self discipline'...because if this guy had any, then this position/situation would have had a happier ending.
    No im crystal clear with it. Im not having an argument about this . We will agree to disagree .

How the hell do you shoot someone when you have fully identified your target
    oneipete likes this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Neckshot, PM sent. nothing I want to get into on this thread.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

Does anyone know what the crime would be , if this was in another country ? . Ie shooting someone wearing blaze while hunting . ? As in serious jail time ?
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

FFS.
    We talk about self discipline like it is a magic quality, that everyone has.
    Who hasn't driven pissed? Is there any risk of killing a whole family doing that?
    Nathan F, ARdave and Danny like this.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I dont actually think that the wording "positively identify your target" actually gets the intended message across, which is surely "don't shoot a human", so perhaps it should just say that. The current wording actually detracts from the true message in my opinion. I can't help but think think that instead of mentally questioning "is that a human?" when looking at a target, some people are questioning "is that really a deer?" and deciding that it is. The human bit never entered their head... I think that the true intent of that particular rule is critically missing or not stated and therefore not instilled in some peoples psyche.
    SIKAHUNTER, Toby, Scouser and 1 others like this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    Several people have been shot in NZ while carrying an animal. The shooter identified the animal, just did not notice unusual posture or movement... Ricochets, how about the homekill guy couple years ago that identified the cattle beast, and the bullet still struck his assistant. Not saying that is the case here, but freak accidents do happen. Bullets also have an amazing ability to go through stuff and continue on to hit something/someone else...

This is how the judges see it as well...that's why Dumber only got 9 months and $7000 reparation for blatant murder at 16 metres
    Spook, while you obviously feel pretty strongly about this, there is a fairly large (legal) difference between "blatant munder" i.e. intention, and negligent homicide. If it was intentional, don't you think the police would have charged him accordingly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Does anyone know what the crime would be , if this was in another country ? . Ie shooting someone wearing blaze while hunting . ? As in serious jail time ?
    Manslaughter / culpable homicide / negligent homicide. Sentence depends on the country (SA = 10-15 years). In South Africa, if you shoot someone (even if it is a burglar in your house), you automatically get charged with murder and culpable homicide (ala Oscar). The cops leave it to the courts to figure out if was self-defence, accidental or intentional.
    Munsey likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Maybe more accurate to say he thought he had plenty of self disciplne.

Spook clearly thinks he has plenty too, hopefully his self-assessment is more accurate.

Read this and stop bein pickee at each other ..

Poor poor family

Shooting victim 'such a treasure' - national | Stuff.co.nz
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    It seems to vary a lot, here's one from USA, this guy is facing 4 years max I believe Upstate DA: Garden City man indicted in hunting accident that killed Malverne firefighter Charles Bruce - Newsday