Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Hunter shot in Kaimai Range near Te Aroha

We should all just remember that when we are pointing the finger there are three more pointing back at us...
    Nick.m and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Try Northern Africa for 'middle of nowhere'. Might bring things into perspective for ya.
    South east of El Gouera never used to see anyone walking the hills there
    outlander likes this.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    South east of El Gouera never used to see anyone walking the hills there
    They introduced Cameltoe Deer there a few years ago. You need to book a spot two years in advance now.
    Boar Freak likes this.

.243 addict
    I have been hunting around 50 yrs , recreationally and commercially. I bet like many other hunters on this forum also, have seen and adapted to the nowday stalking and hunting. Gone are the days of deer hair covered swanis undies or shorts short enough so you could lift your leg higher than ur hip without castrating oneself, once hairy legs a mat of hookgrass, norsewear socks thick with biddy bidds, lace up gummys with horse shoe plates that sometimes left tell tale marks on dry rocks like a deer hoof print, oh.. and the swarm of blowflys that followed awaiting a kill, or if you stopped long enough a family gathering on your swani. "We" know from experience white in the bush sticks out like a sore thumb, or a sika bum, bright colours rather than flat to high light yourself for human eyes, it could bee that second look of disbelief that saves some ones life. Bright Blaze orange top, and if you have white hair a bright orange hat, made compulsory hunting attire. Might save a few deer as well.

TJM
    Tragic stuff, one of the reasons I don,t go hunting on Easter. Trouble is from now on you have it in the back of your mind some one may have a scope on you!
    BRADS likes this.

I wonder if the guy is one of the Leech family from Paeroa. They run a large quarry there

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeMan View Post
    I have been hunting around 50 yrs , recreationally and commercially. I bet like many other hunters on this forum also, have seen and adapted to the nowday stalking and hunting. Gone are the days of deer hair covered swanis undies or shorts short enough so you could lift your leg higher than ur hip without castrating oneself, once hairy legs a mat of hookgrass, norsewear socks thick with biddy bidds, lace up gummys with horse shoe plates that sometimes left tell tale marks on dry rocks like a deer hoof print, oh.. and the swarm of blowflys that followed awaiting a kill, or if you stopped long enough a family gathering on your swani. "We" know from experience white in the bush sticks out like a sore thumb, or a sika bum, bright colours rather than flat to high light yourself for human eyes, it could bee that second look of disbelief that saves some ones life. Bright Blaze orange top, and if you have white hair a bright orange hat, made compulsory hunting attire. Might save a few deer as well.
    Neat post, but the day that wearing blaze orange is made mandatory is the day i stop hunting, as i have said many many times before, IMO it is very dangerous.
    BRADS, Nickoli, bigbear and 1 others like this.

I wish we could hear the shooters story and circumstance more promptly to take some learnings from it.. What was the guy wearing, what happened etc. But then again they are probably going to say what ever keeps them out of jail anyway.
    If the guy was wearing blaze orange I'm going to be selling a brand new blaze orange huntech gillie thats for sure. Are you guys against blaze orange reckoning its worse to wear than a normal camo?
    GWH likes this.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by huglife View Post
    I wish we could hear the shooters story and circumstance more promptly to take some learnings from it.. What was the guy wearing, what happened etc. But then again they are probably going to say what ever keeps them out of jail anyway.
    If the guy was wearing blaze orange I'm going to be selling a brand new blaze orange huntech gillie thats for sure. Are you guys against blaze orange reckoning its worse to wear than a normal camo?
    as long as we have people wandering around not iding their targets properly it doesn't matter what you wear after thinking about it a bit it appears to me that complaicency plays a big part in these situations the attitude that ive been doing this all my life so I know what im doing mindset just my opinion tho
    tikka likes this.

R93
    I ran into a gimp today poaching one of my spots.

He lurched off rather quickly whimpering and squeaking when he heard a stag roaring.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I ran into a gimp today poaching one of my spots.

He lurched off rather quickly whimpering and squeaking when he heard a stag roaring.

Hope he shoots one, hasn't had the best of luck so far this roar

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Hope he shoots one, hasn't had the best of luck so far this roar

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    He headed off on one roaring well. He should get a look.
    Just hope he leave the couple I have got lined up for my boy alone.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    almost want to go back to army way all camed up with face paint and ghillie suit then you only look like a bush.
    I'd be wary...some bugger may cut a blaze on you to mark a trail.
    Gibo and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    don't worry I would wake up before they finished.
    Wood you though?
    jakewire and outlander like this.

Condolences to the family. It sucks and makes me sick to my stomach with the thought of all those affected. Wish there was a way to stop this happening but we've been saying this for 30+ years now so I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    BruceY likes this.