Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Hunter shot in Kaimai Range near Te Aroha

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    I won’t be wearing blue anytime soon as it’s one of the colours that deers see!
    But I do hear you on the blaze orange looking like red. So I’ll be going with the camo pink!
    Have yet to see a pink deardeer
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dress...?source=images

Here’s a nice little number from Norway
    Attachment 85741
    Lots of pockets for your make up
    veitnamcam and Sideshow like this.

I wear either an oilskin or a Swandri weather dependant of course, no camo, no blaze orange, no blue, no bells and whistles. All this targeted marketed stuff you need to kill a deer is a bunch of crap. Understand your prey know what your prey look like know what they sound like know how they behave and you will not mistake ol Hill Billy Jack for a god dam deer.
    mistaken identity is just a bullshit excuse for a useless trigger happy poacher to get off murder.

Which eyeliner do you prefer @Gibo the blue, blaze orange our the camo green
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Gibo would look a bit devilish with black lipstick too.
    Now I am gonna have nightmares for a fortnight.
    Sideshow likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

.243 addict
    Even a top pocket for ur earings @Gibo

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Now I am gonna have nightmares for a fortnight.
    Only a fortnight @Rushy the memory is not what it used to be ah.... @Gibo your next victim awaits

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...-by-stag-fever

The end of this sorry tale detailed in this recent news story.

The fact that Leech was wearing a brown oilskin jacket has attracted some attention round these parts. I don't wish to get some of you fellas all rarked up by recounting exactly what I was told this morning in Katikati, just know that over and above the trauma suffered by the families involved, there's some damn unhappy blokes who've lost a mate despite their best efforts to get him to change his ingrained habits.

Very sad.
    I wonder what is perceived as a higher level of carelessness, if this was supposedly in the lower
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Very sad.
    I wonder what is perceived as a higher level of carelessness, if this was supposedly in the lower
    Possibly something like shooting someone brushing their teeth while spotlighting in a DOC camping ground
    Carlsen Highway likes this.

Just really tragic all round.

As the judge said you are entitled to wear what you want. But this seems to make that statement seem rather hollow.

My understanding, @Sideshow is that it was the defendant’s lawyer that said that in a commendable effort not to communicate any blame towards the dead man. We talked about that in town today. However whilst that sentiment is understood and respected, hollow is one way of expressing the frustration that is felt.

After these conversations on the way to Tauranga this morning, I invested in some new hi-viz gear today ahead of my first lengthy foray into public land for a fair while, including a blaze orange backpack cover.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    My understanding, @Sideshow is that it was the defendant’s lawyer that said that in a commendable effort not to communicate any blame towards the dead man. We talked about that in town today. However whilst that sentiment is understood and respected, hollow is one way of expressing the frustration that is felt.

After these conversations on the way to Tauranga this morning, I invested in some new hi-viz gear today ahead of my first lengthy foray into public land for a fair while, including a blaze orange backpack cover.
    Hope you still got the receipt, that stuff is as bad as the brown mate if seen in low light (under the canopy) and seen behind/thru scrub, you might want to think about swapping it for blue - or do what I and many others now do, all green or camo and not be seen at all, rather than make yourself a target.

I hear what you’re saying @GWH. Down on our block we tested the good stuff and some not so good stuff not long after this thread started in response to some earlier comments, the proper glowing blaze orange e.g. Hunters Element, right down to full dark under the canopy. Twice, in different locations from numerous different angles, in the light, in the shade. The quality gear did not turn brown, not at all. Stood out like a luminous bloody beacon. But I wouldn’t say the same of an old faded Stoney Creek camo pattern fleece we tried, I got one of those that is well past it and that was pretty ordinary in low light, to say the least.

Me and the missus properly disappear in our camo but after lots of questions and a fair bit of argument we came to the conclusion that some top quality hi viz was the way to go and like I say we checked it properly. Things like the pack covers will only be used on the trails in the day when hiking in and out of basecamp, the packs don’t get worn when hunting. With those on you’ll be able to see us from 3 miles and 10,000ft.

Its an emotive subject and I don’t want to start another debate but our decision was clear to us, based on what we could see in real hunting conditions.

Yes blaze PINK is the way forward as not seen by deer, not like blue. And better than orange which seems when old our in poor like be mistaken by others for various reasons. At worst wear pink I might get mistaken for a grinder
    Name:  FBAA1662-1874-4CF0-ADEB-422B5F940F2D.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  152.8 KB