Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Hunters lost in Kaimais

They certainly got bushed ended up walking out on SH29 so a long trek from where they started
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    how do people get lost??????? simple they don't know where they are and get freaked out by it
    in modern techno PC world some people always know within a meter or two where they are....the concept of knowing APPROXAMATELY where you are is foreign to them
    I cannot be lost in New Zealand...... why not...cause Im in New Zealand therefore I know where I am. also know if Im in North or South Island
    which region Im in eg Canterbury which is in east coast..see Im narrowing it down already...speaking of DOWN that's the way water flows..anywhere on east coast or west for that matter it will flow towards coast and cross a road.
    Ive been temporarily navigationally embarrassed for hour or two but it was never an issue......now Stuart Island is a weird place in than its mainly flat and features not helpful and that's where a compass comes in..remember those, we used them before GPSs came alongat least these guys made it out ok and had brains to make phone call to end search.

Cant get lost ,bold statement I can put you in the Motu area and you would get lost as many do. I can also put you in the Kaimanawas forest park and you could get lost . A wise man never say's never
    Pointer, ebf, Pengy and 1 others like this.

That's not emergency gear scouser, that's bare essentials
    Munsey, Scouser and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    That's not emergency gear scouser, that's bare essentials
    Fukin Oath....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    My hunting mate always 'disses' me for carrying 'emergency gear' in my 'day pack'....i always have a headtorch, emergency bivy bag,(like a big survival blanket you can fit in) fleece to keep my core warm, jerky for that nights meal...

it would result in an uncomfortable night with next to no sleep, BUT i will be alive and well, and after a few hours to think on it, a plan would be hatched to get out under my own steam...

i always carry a PLB, but thats for real emergency's, not getting lost....i always tell him there my 'lucky charms', take them and I'll never need them....dont take them and.....!
    Oooh a big survival blanket .... Cosy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Oooh a big survival blanket .... Cosy!!!!
    I wouldn't knock it too much at least he's got that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got bushed once in Pureora had gps n a compass got out ok but was a real mind fuck when I didn't know where exactly I was. Canopy was too thick for gps n compass was saying a different way to where I thought I was going . I told my boss about whose done a bit of hunting (30 years +)'trust your gear' he said

Quote Originally Posted by kawekakid View Post
    Cant get lost ,bold statement I can put you in the Motu area and you would get lost as many do. I can also put you in the Kaimanawas forest park and you could get lost . A wise man never say's never
    point Im making is Im not lost...just wouldn't know where precisely I was at that point in time
    once you think you are LOST your mindset turns to custard.... being temporarily misplaced isn't necessarily a life ending thing, stay calm and chances of a positive outcome are much higher.

yeah and how many times do you stand up from one of those wee breaks...back in the day a "smoke stop" and a plurry deer takes off!!!!!
    amazing how your mind settles and can solve puzzle if you stop calm down and refuel.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    I wouldn't knock it too much at least he's got that stuff

You missed the "In" joke mate... Have hunted with him a number of times and was more angling we could "share" even though i carry my own stash too. If you saw us hunting you'd think we were turtles the amount of what if stuff we take in with us - but we wouldn't have it any other way...

Just to clarify!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    You missed the "In" joke mate... Have hunted with him a number of times and was more angling we could "share" even though i carry my own stash too. If you saw us hunting you'd think we were turtles the amount of what if stuff we take in with us - but we wouldn't have it any other way...

Just to clarify!!
    Oh......all good then

After 32 years in SAR...I believe it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to find an effort more satisfying...there all sorts of emotional issues and also lots of tears....some of joy ...lots of sadness because we could not deliver a family the result we all wished for...if you want to join please dont wait just do it there is plenty of support, just ask at any Police Station for the SAR co-ordinator....do it....good luck...
    Pengy and Rusky like this.

Not wrong Kaweka...

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    wat he said
    nevereadyfreddy likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Namaffilla View Post
    Изумленные слушатели молча внимали. Я кое-как накарябала свой артистический псевдоним и рассталась с бумажкой, выданной мне очаровательной секретаршей.

Дальгард вспомнил свой страшный сон, руку, грозящую прихлопнуть его. Деньги нужны именно церкви, и как всякий посредник она заботится только о своем благе.

Госпиталю не хватает материи для перевязки, мне поручили обойти купцов, торгующих материей, с просьбой пожертвовать ее для госпиталя. Мне станет гораздо спокойнее, если он будет находиться за надежным засовом. Рыскал по причалу, как охотничий пес в поисках утраченного следа.

Ну, раз шутишь, значит, все в порядке. Но главное, конечно, не в деньгах.

Сам рассказывал, что в его мире женщины наравне с мужчинами в армии служат. Все это чепуха, но она важна для твоей карьеры. С виду довольно просто, мне же было безумно страшно. Все головы в плечи и домой.
    No thanks, I already have one
    Forgotmaboltagain+1