Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Is Hunting for me?

What a load of bollocks , are YOU serious , please think about what YOU just said , not what the TV tells you to think .

Really , fishing has to be one of the cruelist ways of killing game , first you hook it up in the corner of its mouth , them you use a low strenght breaking line , way under the weight of the targteted fish , and you slowly real it in , over 10 -30 mins , absolutely exhausting the fish to the point of death , then you gaff it etc .
    The ONLY thing worse is the absloute tossers , that fish , and then pretend they are such fantastic blokes that they release IT , really WHY , because mate its not going to live , as its exhausted , its just a slow snack for a bigger fish !!

Most hunters do their level best to kill the game with one well placed shoot , and the animal is in alot of cases dead before he hits the ground , & its sudden and out of the blue , not 10-30 mins of bloodly torture .

I am not against fishing , BUt please , donot try to say its better/more humane than shooting , BECAUSE its NOT , not even remotely close .

IF you donot beleive what I have said , YOU will no doubt have no problems with be putting a little sharp hook in hte corner of your mouth & a say 20kg line , and I will be happy to lead you around a paddock untill you collapse from exhaustion ;

Me , I see Humans at the top of the food chain , and have no problems harvesting any tasty creature for my belly , as long as its sustainable , as I want to live more than a year or two , nothing against fishermen , BUT donot claim its a more human way of killing .

I have seen a guy , hold a chicken upside down , stroke its neck so its absolutley claim , then pluck a few feathers from around its neck , then make a small nick in its neck with a knife and the bird did not even move , and with his other hand catch all the blood in a cup so he could cook that as well and eat it , NICE , he did not put a hook in it and drag it around the yard for 30 mins .

Shit , i just realise , I have wasted 15mins of my life on a obvious troll .

Ignore ChrisF. He has..........issues. Not least with the caps lock on his keyboard.
    kiwijames, Toby, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Is Hunting for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Ignore ChrisF. He has..........issues. Not least with the caps lock on his keyboard.
    He has issues with Blasers......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BRADS; 24-04-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    kiwijames likes this.

And knives that cost more than $60.

And fishermen apparently.

And anything not AI.

And any thermos that cost more than .15c

And punctuation.

He is short though, so that probably explains some of the anger
    Last edited by Proudkiwi; 24-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    kiwijames, Toby and BRADS like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Is Hunting for me?

Absolutely amazing WHAT some people can reAd out of 2 paragraphs. Actually pretty hilarious in some instances. Oh THE poor fishies. I can just see Hannible Lecter, with THAT poor wee fish rather than a lamb.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Fish are not as innocent as they make out they can be cruel to ....I had a shark circle me a couple of time before trying to have a nibble a couple of weeks ago had to hold the catch bag up to its head and do an underwater haymaker...he swam off but I think it was from the smell of fresh faeces rather than my big right ....very cruel
    Gapped axe, Frosty and Cspence like this.

Bugger the paid hunt ... Do a ride along gorse blackberry stinging nettle steep arse hills vines dirty nasty smelly and that's the hunters not to mention the dogs.

Yip you won't like it stick to fishing.
    The end
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Lost For Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Fish are not as innocent as they make out they can be cruel to ....I had a shark circle me a couple of time before trying to have a nibble a couple of weeks ago had to hold the catch bag up to its head and do an underwater haymaker...he swam off but I think it was from the smell of fresh faeces rather than my big right ....very cruel
    My old man had an incident like that a few years back, Shark circled, Next thing he's in the water being dragged out further from shore than he was, Shark for some reason let go and he was left bobbing in water until after dark, And until he made his way back. He gave up the kayak fishing after that.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    @enp. Mate, I think your thread has gotten a bit trashed. Sorry.
    Easy answer to your question is just go. I don't know much about dogging pigs but it might be your thing. Only one way to find out.
    I really enjoy hunting deer but the kill is very much a small part of the experience and as a newbie I'd expect your first opportunity to appreciate this aspect could be a few moons down the track.
    Go out. Enjoy the bush. Enjoy the solitude. Turn off your cellphone and disconnect for a while. You will find the experience of simply being there good for your soul.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

It seems I have lots of Issues .

You're jumping in boots and all going after a pig with a knife, haha.

If you're unsure about that then maybe start "smaller" and with a rifle. As someone mentioned, it's completely normal to feel how you do.

So who is this bloke, only one post on his own thread, did he go hunting I wonder ?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    So who is this bloke, only one post on his own thread, did he go hunting I wonder ?
    I think it was a wind up?
    Love walking my gun

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ChrisF has put him off the hunting idea (hes not too sure if he is going fishing now either)
    big_foot and Zamkiwi like this.