Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Hunting Oddities

I watched my son shooting myna birds in our olive trees shoot one but two fell out.
    This is the same kid that wasted me at clay birds first time he used a shot gun, I see a pattern emerging here
    Wirehunt likes this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Ejected
    Thje offsider shot a deer in Manapouri that was all fucked up in the feet. Had several formed or partly formed feet, from memory about four or five on the front two legs.

I reckon it was some inbred thing released from the pig island.....

Had a US mate out shootin' possums in the spotlight. saw one at about 70 metres, told him to shoot it in the head to save the skin. He shot, it dropped, threw it in the back of the truck and back to the hut. 5 mins later I hear a bit of scratching from behind me, nek minute poor old yank's got a very alive possum on his shoulder, yank screams "what the f**k!", meanwhile I'm pissing myself and rolling around laughing, poor old yank grabs said possum and slams it in to the floor of the truck and stands on it. Then asks me what to do next. I couldnt answer cos I was laughing so much, yanks petrified and possum is starting to screech...........loudly! We finally got it sorted, but me good ol' US mate made sure all future possums were dead before even picking them up - bullet had only creased the skull, fair between the ears.

A mate had shot a few mallards during the season a few years ago. Loaded up the car and drove home. When he opened the boot to unload, there was a very much alive duck sitting looking a bit confused haha
    Toby and Gibo like this.