Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Hunting rifles and ammo to hire?

Hunting rifles and ammo to hire?

Morning all. I am potentially heading into the forest over Matariki looking for goats. Just wondering if anyone knows of any gun stores that hire out rifles for the day? I'm a new hunter and I haven't had the chance yet to purchase my own centrefire. Or perhaps any good buggers on here based in Auckland who would be happy to let me borrow one for a day in exchange for a box of beers? (cheeky question I know)

Shit that would be like asking to borrow someones wife. You don't have mates that know you that will lend you theirs?
    woods223 and bigbear like this.

ever heard of now is as good a time as ever??make it a priority taSK

I would say the next 4 days are a perfect time to go and buy a rifle. Go get one secondhand in good condition. It will see you right for years. Can worry about a Shiny new one later.
    Trout, Micky Duck and woods223 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Shit that would be like asking to borrow someones wife. You don't have mates that know you that will lend you theirs?
    There's an old saying,,, "Never lend out your lawnmower or your wife. They always come back fkd" ! Applies to rifles as well I would imagine.
    norsk and Bent Barrel like this.
    If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need. Oh, and a dog, and a rifle

You never know, some people are into wife swapping
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I find the whole concept of "lending" a firearm to a complete stranger is a bit weird to be honest. I'm not knocking you asking as someone may be happy to do it but I don't see it as the same as say lending them a fishing rod.
    Trout, kotuku, 57jl and 8 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

That's a fun idea but he'll still need a rifle
    tetawa, 308, Shearer and 4 others like this.

Buy now Pay later,they reckn thats the new way to buy things.Trouble is 60% of people that do this run head first into debt months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I find the whole concept of "lending" a firearm to a complete stranger is a bit weird to be honest. I'm not knocking you asking as someone may be happy to do it but I don't see it as the same as say lending them a fishing rod.
    Yeah, you're right. It was more tongue in cheek. I am curious though if gun stores offer that kind of service if anyone is aware of any

Maybe if I'd known the guy well for 10yrs with full fal.But not a stranger even with full fal.
    308 and RUMPY like this.

You could call them -most seem to have it .???????????????????hiring ammo -thats a new one to me.I would only ever lend a firearm to my very closest shooting mates-guys i know ,who i shoot with ,and who I know will look after it in a RESPONSIBLE manner and who possess commonsense-yes commonsense a quality lacking in a lot of todays humans ,and the firearms brotherhood is not exempt. given the spotlighrt on FALOat present id imagine most would be reluctant given the potential for hassles to arise.
    Last edited by kotuku; 09-07-2023 at 02:37 PM.
    rugerman, timattalon and RUMPY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post
    Morning all. I am potentially heading into the forest over Matariki looking for goats. Just wondering if anyone knows of any gun stores that hire out rifles for the day? I'm a new hunter and I haven't had the chance yet to purchase my own centrefire. Or perhaps any good buggers on here based in Auckland who would be happy to let me borrow one for a day in exchange for a box of beers? (cheeky question I know)

no never will not lend firearms ever ----a good old mate in Gisborne loaned out a rifle some years ago - okay the guy he loaned it to was was found in a reserve about 30 km from Gisborne yes shot himself with it - so no never ever - no matter how good a looking the swap is
    Trout, 308, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

If you can afford a holiday you can afford to buy your own rifle

You can get a perfectly respectable Parker Hale in 303 /270/308 and a box of ammo for less than 800

then you could turn around in 6 months and sell it for maybe a hundred dollar loss

My paranoid side is thinking that you are a sock puppet trolling to see if anyone is dumb enough to help you out
    Trout, Micky Duck and outlander like this.

Seems a bit strange being a member of a hunting forum for 1 and a half years and don't own a riffle
    Trout, 308, woods223 and 4 others like this.
    When hunting think safety first