Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: HuntingHQ.com

HuntingHQ.com

What’s the go with these guys? Anyone used them or have they been boycotted for trying to squeeze some coin out of being a middleman between landowners and hunters?

Won't get anything from me for the above reasons.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I think start up is in january. I’m intrigued to see what sort of properties they have on their books. I don’t really see the issue in what they are doing. Good avenue for the farmers to get some extra pocket money that the wouldn’t otherwise probably get
    Growlybear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika Seeker View Post
    I think start up is in january. I’m intrigued to see what sort of properties they have on their books. I don’t really see the issue in what they are doing. Good avenue for the farmers to get some extra pocket money that the wouldn’t otherwise probably get
    Issue i see is it going like Queensland where you need to be part of the ADA to get on their exclusive properties , then you need to go into a ballot type thing to get your 1-2 trips per year.

Here you will call in to see farmer Joe, farmer Joe goes nah sorry exclusive Hunting HQ....or yeah but it will cost xyz etc

Then there is the membership fee and then pay as you go

Just don't sit well with me

Hamish

Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Who is providing the health and safety course ? How much it costs? And do they make money out of that as well?

I believe it is an online course. They have an app which you download which tracks where you are on the property and shows boundaries. I think there is a star rating which the farmer gives you at the end of the trip as to how you behaved/followed rules. I think membership is $250 per year and then I imagine each farm will be different on pricing and what is available to hunt etc. this is all off the top of my head from what I’ve seen over the past few months
    HNTMAD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika Seeker View Post
    I believe it is an online course. They have an app which you download which tracks where you are on the property and shows boundaries. I think there is a star rating which the farmer gives you at the end of the trip as to how you behaved/followed rules. I think membership is $250 per year and then I imagine each farm will be different on pricing and what is available to hunt etc. this is all off the top of my head from what I’ve seen over the past few months
    Sounds like uber

Sika Seeker likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Haha I was almost going to say that

Interesting, would be more enticing if they were reinvesting back into conservation, hunting advocacy and game management etc etc rather than strictly for profit. $250 a year seems steep unless this includes some decent insurances etc. hard to justify when so many animal running round on public land.
    Louie likes this.

More for guys getting into the game that are looking for easier animals or don’t have much time I’m picking

I put my name in, though the website says Sept 2020 launch. Looking at the website and director (you can find him easy enough on linkedin) it all looks legit and done well.

Initially I thought the concept was great. Link up reputable hunters with willing land owners, awesome. Once I looked into the operating conditions such as the membership fee and then the fees from farmers I was not a fan. Will largely undercut private setups already in place and further reduce private land opportunities to those who already can’t afford to pay for a deer as it is whilst reducing opportunities for people to establish a relationship with a landowner IMO. It also seems contradictory to me that the website is pitched at helping farmers with pest control yet the ones doing the work are the ones being charged.

Let’s say I did want to go and pay for a private land deer, I would much rather go and choose one of the hundred other options already available and support someone’s small business/guiding setup. The concept was so close to being good I thought just not quite there.
    mikee, hebe and Stocky like this.

Guarantee it won't last long. Few of the guys making a buck or two off a deer here and there might find some value in it but it's only gonna take one dickhead for whole properties to be pulled from the program or when farmers start to struggle with educated "pests" etc because they've had week after week of "rec shooters" putting pressure on it will soon start to lose its shine.
    HNTMAD likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Gone but not forgotten
    i signed up for it aint paid anything tho kinda wondering if its for me now 😳
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Guarantee it won't last long. Few of the guys making a buck or two off a deer here and there might find some value in it but it's only gonna take one dickhead for whole properties to be pulled from the program or when farmers start to struggle with educated "pests" etc because they've had week after week of "rec shooters" putting pressure on it will soon start to lose its shine.
    They contact plenty of people we got contacted at home and the old's pretty much said yeh you can shoot varmits, etc or pheasants during season (we have tonnes) but no big game as numbers are limited and we enjoy hunting them. I've persuaded them that being close to Rotorua and already having our tiny population of fallow poached to near extirpation (extinct in an area) we dont need to allow people on our place as it would be very simple to come back and poach. Yes you can see star ratings but its easy to just create a new account everytime you do something naughty and get caught look at Trademe for example.
    andyanimal31 likes this.