Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Illegal hunting..does it bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    funnily enough I made just that very same comment a few years ago about a aerial operater poaching on edge of fiordland national park....the poor bugger is probably still rubbing his eyes and undergoing councilling as I heard him coming and ran starkers out onto river flat as they flew back out...passed me at all of 100 yards,my full frontal nudity and bare white skin just couldnt be not seen....
    Your lucky he wasn't with it. One or two who operated in that area may have "netted" you and returned to base with a "trophy"

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    And Micky may have squealed like a pig.
    Jeeeze, one minute I’m having a skim through an interesting thread, next thing it seems to have morphed into a scene of Deliverance.

I haven’t read through all 11 pages just the first and last couple of pages. But this has gone on forever.
    In a bizarre coincidence 7mmwsm, appears to be in the South Waikato, and I think Micky Duck was from there too originally? MD?
    I too grew up in Tokoroa. Hunting in these more rural towns and cities is a way of life.
    Yes it can morph into hunting illegally, today it’s arguably easier. For a few grand you have a thermal, which is infinitely more effective than a motorbike headlight on a battery digging in your back, carried around carefully so the acid didn’t tip on your arse. On a suppressed rifle, you can smack over animals quite close to houses, and if you’re careful which direction you’re shooting, they won’t even know. I’m not endorsing it. Just stating a fact. Yes people can make money from it.
    I shot 3 pigs ripping up a mates farm the other evening not 300M from their house. When I got back they asked me if I saw them them. Hadn’t heard a thing. I’d fired 4 shots from a 308 with a DPT sup.

Yes Doc will largely ignore it. They always have.

You have to remind yourself, Doc want all introduced animals gone. ALL GONE. So if someone’s assisting in this, and they’re treading on a grey line, or even acting in an illegal manner, they don’t care.

As MD said, hunt away from roads and the problem diminishes.
    308, BSA and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauries Hut View Post
    Jeeeze, one minute I’m having a skim through an interesting thread, next thing it seems to have morphed into a scene of Deliverance.

I haven’t read through all 11 pages just the first and last couple of pages. But this has gone on forever.
    In a bizarre coincidence 7mmwsm, appears to be in the South Waikato, and I think Micky Duck was from there too originally? MD?
    I too grew up in Tokoroa. Hunting in these more rural towns and cities is a way of life.
    Yes it can morph into hunting illegally, today it’s arguably easier. For a few grand you have a thermal, which is infinitely more effective than a motorbike headlight on a battery digging in your back, carried around carefully so the acid didn’t tip on your arse. On a suppressed rifle, you can smack over animals quite close to houses, and if you’re careful which direction you’re shooting, they won’t even know. I’m not endorsing it. Just stating a fact. Yes people can make money from it.
    I shot 3 pigs ripping up a mates farm the other evening not 300M from their house. When I got back they asked me if I saw them them. Hadn’t heard a thing. I’d fired 4 shots from a 308 with a DPT sup.

Yes Doc will largely ignore it. They always have.

You have to remind yourself, Doc want all introduced animals gone. ALL GONE. So if someone’s assisting in this, and they’re treading on a grey line, or even acting in an illegal manner, they don’t care.

As MD said, hunt away from roads and the problem diminishes.
    Must be something in the Tokoroa water, went to high school there.
    Micky Duck likes this.

[QUOTE=tetawa;1431753]Must be something in the Tokoroa water, went to high school there.[/QUOTE

Yes, the waters used to have a particular colour and taste. Haven't been back for over thirty years.
    Does the southerly breeze still smell the same?
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

[QUOTE=kidmac42;1431761]
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Must be something in the Tokoroa water, went to high school there.[/QUOTE

Yes, the waters used to have a particular colour and taste. Haven't been back for over thirty years.
    Does the southerly breeze still smell the same?
    Left there 60 years ago, smell still there last time drove thru.
    kidmac42 and Micky Duck like this.

[QUOTE=tetawa;1431765]
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post

Left there 60 years ago, smell still there last time drove thru.
    I don’t think it smells the same. Very mild in comparison. Apparently they used to put some very toxic shit into “settling ponds” out on the way to Mangakino.
    God only knows what and where it leached into. Im certain you couldn’t get a way with it today.
    Russian 22. likes this.

[QUOTE=Lauries Hut;1431771]
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post

I don’t think it smells the same. Very mild in comparison. Apparently they used to put some very toxic shit into “settling ponds” out on the way to Mangakino.
    God only knows what and where it leached into. Im certain you couldn’t get a way with it today.
    NZ is littered with toxic sites. Lake waikare is so rooted from farm run off they don't think it will ever recover

Im sure if the fellas in chopper had decided to "net me" my Swedish mate would have given them many rounds of .270 where it would do most good to ensure my freedom......

Tokoroa...yip its in the blood,chlorine that is,my Dad worked in the chlorine plant and my older brother is still a foreman there now....
    funny wee story,pun intended...old man forgot to pee in jar for 6 mthly test for chlorine levels so he got me to pee in it for him...and the levels were one of highest in plant LOL.....Mum did use a fair bit of "janola' around the home.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    funnily enough I made just that very same comment a few years ago about a aerial operater poaching on edge of fiordland national park....the poor bugger is probably still rubbing his eyes and undergoing councilling as I heard him coming and ran starkers out onto river flat as they flew back out...passed me at all of 100 yards,my full frontal nudity and bare white skin just couldnt be not seen....
    that is indeed cardiac arrest material let alone a very WTF moment.
    Micky Duck likes this.