Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 8 Post By Trout
  • 13 Post By XR500

Thread: Items missing from Burglary

Hybrid View

Items missing from Burglary

My garage and vehicles were burgled back at the start of January. Broke into the safe and stole my Steyr Pro Hunter in .308 (Meopta scope), Lee Enfield .303 and and an over/under shotgun that had been passed down.

Reported the burglary and had the insurance payout etc, but I am finding it difficult to get rid of the bolts just in the off chance the police find the rifles.

Anybody on here seen any of these rifles for sale minus bolts and mags?

Additionally, all my hunting gear was stolen: MSR tent, Defence Force backpack, Thermarest sleeping mat, clothing etc.

Appreciate the help.

Sorry for yr big loss mate,some people just need to be sent to the Middle East for their crime.No more steel with yr right hand.This country is getting bad for crime of all sorts.
    Hope everybody on here keeps an eye out for yr gear,you never know somebody might get careless.

It took a year and a half for some scum to get careless with a mates dirt bike. They stole it from inside a locked garage minus its seat (off at the canvas shop getting repaired). GasGas EC300, so not dime a dozen. GG importer told about it, and sure enough 18 months later a request came in for a new seat. Plain clothes cops waiting for the guy to pick up his new seat at the bike shop
    NRT, Trout, Brian and 10 others like this.

Feel for you mate.
    I have just had the same thing including my ute.
    The worst thing is my 2 rifles, one was a wedding gift from my wife, and another I had just completed making a beautiful wooden stock for to be handed down to my son when he is old enough!

It's gutting to hear about the thefts. Question, were they in safes and forced open or angle grinder or something?
    Just wanting to keep security tight especially with neighbours of the drug taking type

Yea, in the safe. They bent the vertical wall of the safe away from the door and then jimmied the door out bending the top and bottom pins. The safe was fixed to the floor and wall appropriately-Firearms had inspected it onsite.

keep the bolts. they are expensive to replace brand new. i'd just wait and hope some poor person loses their bolt and buy their action.

That's gutting man. Sorry to hear that.