Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Jet biol vs msr

i got a h&f voucher for my birthday so decided to pick on of these up today since i was in the market for one. And technically it cost me nothing. again i think its just another cheap china copy version on the market. as long as it boils water and not blow up, i'll be happy.
    https://www.huntingandfishing.co.nz/...ng-system.html

I have the jet boil flash. Awsome and simple. Its big enough to boil water for your back country meal and still have enough hot water for a hot drink after. I usually only stay out 1 or 2 nights max so living on just back country cuisine meals (main hot food) is not a problem for that long.
    Last edited by Allizdog; 06-12-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Another option is the MSR Reactor. This unit has some serious grunt. I have a few different cookers and this hands down is the best.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Bush buck have a sale on their cooker, pretty good value at $89https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collections/camping-stoves-gas-cookers-camping-cookware/products/bushbuck-spitfire-jet-cooker .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelie View Post
    Bush buck have a sale on their cooker, pretty good value at $89https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collections/camping-stoves-gas-cookers-camping-cookware/products/bushbuck-spitfire-jet-cooker .
    Most of their stuff just seems to be rebranded Chinese gear that you can usually get a lot cheaper direct from aliexpress.

Love the simplicity of my msr pocket rocket. 1 or 2 nights with that a couple back country’s and a pot is happy days
    xtightg likes this.

I've had both, I sold the Jetboil and got the MSR for one main reason, build quality and reliability. I've got and have had tonnes of MSR gear and its top notch. Like the others say the MSR doesn't have a auto ignitor but you're going to carry an lighter anyway.

I really don't think theres much in it... I just prefer MSR gear.