Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Kaimai deer cullers?

Probably not worth breeding from.
    Gun control means using both hands

no fellow in the kiamias

would be surprised if there wasn't. Nice grass close to very dense bush is fallow heaven. I imagine they will be populated in isolated pockets. Best thing is DOC cannot do shit about culling them as they are the only deer in NZ not classed as a pest because they are grazers not foragers so do not smash saplings and natives.

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    would be surprised if there wasn't. Nice grass close to very dense bush is fallow heaven. I imagine they will be populated in isolated pockets. Best thing is DOC cannot do shit about culling them as they are the only deer in NZ not classed as a pest because they are grazers not foragers so do not smash saplings and natives.
    Didn't know that. I know that the forest service culled 8000 or so out of the blue mountains.

what i have been made aware by some farmers in the Naki. DOC came around and threatened them and a few people that they were going to cull the fallow but because people knew the rules they told them to fuck off hahaha.
    blake likes this.

can you provide the proof of that? The wild animal control act states wild animals are any deer (including moose and wapiti), that would include fallow deer
    Gibo likes this.

what i have been made aware by some farmers in the Naki. DOC came around and threatened them and a few people that they were going to cull the fallow but because people knew the rules they told them to fuck off hahaha.
    I was told by a hunter who works for the water care part of Waikato council that doc told the farmers around pirongia to shoot the fallow or they will. They shot heaps out.

See that makes sense to me. I was quite tentative at first but they were dead set certain also where i was could not ask for proof(deep in the kawekas)
    Would rather they were right but seems they had the wrong end of the stick!

Kaimai deer cullers? Just coz we couldnt shoot one, now it has to have been culled ae @Russian 22. ? Lets stop trying to find excuses for being absolutely useless. and go shoot the damned things!

I kid But seriously, theres only one deer left in the kaimais and we spooked it. anyone want to give us access to their farm with heaps of fallow? promise we'll be good. Also, said farm should ideally have some sambar stags too but we can live with just fallow if we must. thanks
    Gibo, StagRyan and Russian 22. like this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Did the farmer chop his nuts off?
    The farmer shouldn't have. Take the nuts out the stag will stay in velvet. Need the nuts to complete the cycle. Soft go hard then drop off, soft(velvet) then hard;antler). Even if they don't breed from them you still leave the nuts in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Russian 22. and TheJanitar like this.

[QUOTE=I kid But seriously, theres only one deer left in the kaimais and we spooked it. anyone want to give us access to their farm with heaps of fallow? promise we'll be good. Also, said farm should ideally have some sambar stags too but we can live with just fallow if we must. thanks[/QUOTE]

There are deer in the Kaimai & Mamaku ,there is a small number of Fallow as well & no I'm not telling you where exactly .

Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    Kaimai deer cullers? Just coz we couldnt shoot one, now it has to have been culled ae @Russian 22. ? Lets stop trying to find excuses for being absolutely useless. and go shoot the damned things!

I kid But seriously, theres only one deer left in the kaimais and we spooked it. anyone want to give us access to their farm with heaps of fallow? promise we'll be good. Also, said farm should ideally have some sambar stags too but we can live with just fallow if we must. thanks
    Well a good tradesman blames his tools a good hunter blames doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    There are deer in the Kaimai & Mamaku ,there is a small number of Fallow as well & no I'm not telling you where exactly .
    Well now I must find these fallow hahah.
    TheJanitar likes this.

Yea i know mate, just being sarcastic hehe
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Well a good tradesman blames his tools a good hunter blames doc.

The average DOC cullers aren't worthy of blame .

Well now I must find these fallow hahah.
    Good luck they're like ghosts in that thick shit
    StagRyan likes this.

Good luck they're like ghosts in that thick shit
    Thanks. We'll get one eventually.
    Sideshow and StagRyan like this.