Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kaimai stags

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    why does a stag in a paddock with all the hinds he could possibly service roar his guts out for 3 months? cos he knows he is the man and nobody can touch him.

high pressure areas don't roar much if at all, that is not to say they wont sneak in for a look at a imitated roar.... be on guard especially down wind of your position as this is where the will come into.
    Thats how i got my stag on the 5th of April. I was roaring and nothing, heard nothing, then I let out one last roar, and bingo.
    I head no roaring at all this year. I did 3 hunts during the 'roar' period.

I did four hunts over this years period. The last evening, after waiting, & walking two hours and seconds before I hopped back on the bike I heard a funny noise. I waited and waited. Within ten minutes there was about 4 stags going nuts. I passed up two of them. Three evenings later. Silence.
    But. When it happens it's magic.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I did four hunts over this years period. The last evening, after waiting, & walking two hours and seconds before I hopped back on the bike I heard a funny noise. I waited and waited. Within ten minutes there was about 4 stags going nuts. I passed up two of them. Three evenings later. Silence.
    But. When it happens it's magic.
    Where did you go in there?

When I went hunting in the kaimais we walked on a track that was fucked by motorbikes which was weird for me and my brother as bikes never get on public land here so it was new to us but it was a prick. Anyway with a 3 hour walk in or whatever the stags roared heaps. Go all night and was enough in the day to give you an idea where to hunt. Had a couple fired up but wind stuffed us both times.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Na mate. Not up there. But still handy to there.
    Zamkiwi likes this.
    Dan M