Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Kaimanawa Forest Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Sound like a bastard. Missus booked north arm for just after Xmas to take our little girl on one of her yearly chopper hunt adventures. Not liking the sound of it now. I've been watching this play out on here wondering if I should tell her. Seems like it's crunch time.
    @Cowboy

I understand a part of the DoC organised crew were a couple of people from Northland who have some experience with problematic kuri. Maybe you know them, and they could fill you in?

And of course Helisika will be concerned, ahve been participating in the effort and so will have something to say on it, but I kinda that wouldn't extend to a recommendation to cancel ?
    Cowboy likes this.

With the way the dogs are moving round they probably be long gone from there before you go
    Cowboy likes this.

Helisika would never recommend a cancel even if radioactive flying great white sharks were living there

Id have to figure out which hunters they'd be and doc down there are not gonna give that info. I could put some feelers out up here. It's usually guys from a limited bunch of crews.

Couple years back we were spring fly camping in the raukumaras. It was early morning and in my sleep I heard the high pitch yapping of a pup down river. Sitting bolt upright, my first thought was my mates visla was being a spastic. Busting his tent open I was greeted by a confused mate and a visla(mid love making). Haha Not really.

I blurted out that there's dogs about so tie the mutt up.
    Grabbed my rifle and out into the river bed. Mates stumble over and give me some shit as mates do. I said theres a pup here. My guess was it was struggling with the river. Bugger me, out of the scrub comes a tan lab bully cross towing a black lab 8mnth old pup. I flop over the stump in front if me and have a look at them.
    At this point I knew I didn't want to shoot a dog that I have no proof was a piece of shit(unlike the old sort of stock worries). In fact my heart went out to them. I have a whistle and she looked and carried on her way. She was about 50m from and hind shot the might beofee and I thought she'd have a munch so followed up but she just carried on her way.

Luckily there's plagues of deer in there so had no effect on hunting. However after that, it kind of out the wind up me a little. At the same time I feel for the poor buggers.
    Carbine, Ross Nolan and paremata like this.

https://youtu.be/A5KZT7lpIFo?si=PeJV_qnt_BdrsjFd

Was watching this vid one day and at the point below...

Check the two dogs. I've always wondered where this was as they look like the same dogs.

Maybe the trick would be to release a bitch in heat with a gps collar on to track the mob?

Yeah they did that up here. You don't want to release as the risk is too high of issues. I didn't actually work that well apparently which I find incredible.

TLB
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Any updates on this?

Seems a bit strange to me that no photos have been posted anywhere?

Traps, meat, cameras would have been set way back when and nothing?
    Dogs are still about. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack and everyone is always a step behind. Their range is huge and thy appear to be continuously on the move.
    They are killing for fun and have killed quite a number of deer. Hardly eating much if any off the deer so are most likely not hungry so be very difficult to lure in with bait.
    Cowboy likes this.

Any news? Mate at HS didint have anything new to add. Wondering if anyone on here has heard?

An ‘n-th’ hand report that a hunter camped at he Kaipo swingbridge had a visit by 2 dogs recently.

A Shepards dog did a runner from Gentle Annie road nearly 2 yrs ago last seen around Ngamatea station it had crossed about 4 farms in the process .Shepherd paid around 5 k for it .He let it out of pen and took of Plenty of sighting from locals

Anyone know any updates on the dogs? Any recent sightings?

spoke to a couple of Doc workers doing the roadside spraying on Wed just gone, still not caught.
    Good, Fast, Cheap....choose any 2.

Caretaker
    The harsh winter in there might put an end to them
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Saw photos of them on social media from a game camera. Hopefully they get shot soon
    Snoppernator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Saw photos of them on social media from a game camera. Hopefully they get shot soon
    Any photos mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M