Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Leatham River

Willy sage is the man to use for the leatham and knows whats going on in terms of waro and numbers. Top bloke that would like to see it as a RHA. If only dic would work witg him.

Willy is my favourite pilot, super cool dude
    Grunta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I was in there the day they did an aerial cull (mid January this year, I don't know if they've done one since) and flew with Willy Sage the next morning, they got 61 goats & left all chamois seen - which were plentiful. I saw a mob of 15+ goats the next day in an open tussock basin at about 1600m.

It's steep in places with lots of scree and shitty shitty contorta everywhere. I never saw any deer or chamois for no lack of looking

Wicked photos Gimp! Unfortunately my mates truck broke down on the way there so we never made it. Gutted!!! I still can't wait to get there sometime in the near future. The place looks awesome!

Name:  IMG_1777.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  414.4 KBName:  IMG_1782.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  596.4 KBName:  IMG_1791.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  641.2 KBName:  IMG_1795.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  483.8 KBSome pics from when I was in there last Roar. Saw 1 chammy way up high and two small hines but my trip was cut short due to a broken bolt on my 4WD linkage, it made getting out extra fun.
    (Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt)
    Confuscious say war not determine who right, war determine who left

Ive been stuck right there in the little bit in your third picture Crash.

Nice weather in there the week just gone. Saw a few deer.........Being carted out under a yellow R22, the Assh*le!!

This R22 was going up and down each side gut shooting. I watched him chase fat pregnant hinds into corners and shoot them. Talk about gutted after spending all that time and effort to get in there from the north island to see that carry on.

Welcome to the mainland, if that helicopter wasnt shooting them then another(or the same one possibly) would have been dropping 1080.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

K95
    We don't purposely drop 1080 to control deer in NZ. That's a ridiculous claim. We do shoot them from helicopters though, been happening a wee while now. In fact it's the least amount of chopper pressure the deer have had in a long time. It's unfortunate when they clash with rec hunters but that's life. Doesn't make them assholes.
    tui_man2 and kiwijames like this.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Nice weather in there the week just gone. Saw a few deer.........Being carted out under a yellow R22, the Assh*le!!

This R22 was going up and down each side gut shooting. I watched him chase fat pregnant hinds into corners and shoot them. Talk about gutted after spending all that time and effort to get in there from the north island to see that carry on.
    Welcome to my world , gutted for you to make the effort and that happen . Happened twice on two bigger trips for me last year . I fell your pain
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by K95 View Post
    We don't purposely drop 1080 to control deer in NZ. That's a ridiculous claim. We do shoot them from helicopters though, been happening a wee while now. In fact it's the least amount of chopper pressure the deer have had in a long time. It's unfortunate when they clash with rec hunters but that's life. Doesn't make them assholes.
    It does a bit
    K95, rogers.270, Nesika and 3 others like this.

K95
    Similar to when I walk in and see someone flown in and think they are assholes
    Munsey likes this.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”

Similar to when I walk in and see someone flown in and think they are assholes
    I would like to "like" this several times. Did one fly in hunt. Decided it's not for me at all.
    Munsey likes this.

It's unfortunate when they clash with rec hunters but that's life. Doesn't make them assholes.
    I suppose its great we have a democracy and freedom of speech and thought, as in my book it does make them that!

Just like politicians I suppose, one can be loved by some and hated by others.