Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: LOST Kontiki

LOST Kontiki

Lost Predator Kontiki Ohope beach area if anyone finds.
    Ta.

Bugger!
    I've caught a few on mine, fingers crossed you get it back

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    Lost Predator Kontiki Ohope beach area if anyone finds.
    Ta.
    good luck mate lost his in Gisborne -I spotted it sitting on a front lawn- spoke to house owner- ohh yeah I was going to ring - had the damn thing for weeks with my mates name on it and phone number
    Micky Duck likes this.

Interesting story about an unfortunate bugger who put a Seahorse on layby with a local store in Hastings in January as a Christmas present for his kids.
    Picked it up just before Christmas and headed to Porangahau Beach in Central Hawkes Bay for their annual family camping trip. First time using a motorized kontiki, the kids got excited and launched it.....without attaching the backbone...
    Insurance claim was made, kontiki was replaced......
    Then 6 months later, a call from Seahorse in Tauranga saying that the old kontiki had been recovered......Seahorse had serviced it and removed all the barnacles and traced back the serial number.
    Apparently, there is a huge swirling mass of rubbish halfway between the Chatham Islands and the mainland where various sea currents converge; supply vessels to the Chathams routinely call past this mass of sea-crap to see if there is anything interesting and the kontiki was recovered.
    Insurance company was notified - but advised that as the claim had already been settled, he could keep the old one with no issues.
    Rich007, stingray, BRADS and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Interesting story about an unfortunate bugger who put a Seahorse on layby with a local store in Hastings in January as a Christmas present for his kids.
    Picked it up just before Christmas and headed to Porangahau Beach in Central Hawkes Bay for their annual family camping trip. First time using a motorized kontiki, the kids got excited and launched it.....without attaching the backbone...
    Insurance claim was made, kontiki was replaced......
    Then 6 months later, a call from Seahorse in Tauranga saying that the old kontiki had been recovered......Seahorse had serviced it and removed all the barnacles and traced back the serial number.
    Apparently, there is a huge swirling mass of rubbish halfway between the Chatham Islands and the mainland where various sea currents converge; supply vessels to the Chathams routinely call past this mass of sea-crap to see if there is anything interesting and the kontiki was recovered.
    Insurance company was notified - but advised that as the claim had already been settled, he could keep the old one with no issues.
    Got to be careful out there some of locals like to claim them from a boat as well.....

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Plenty of sharks around.shark cut the main line, had a snapper on the first couple of hooks,was thinking we're on here,felt massive pull a few moments later and that was end of it.
    Sika 8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    Plenty of sharks around.shark cut the main line, had a snapper on the first couple of hooks,was thinking we're on here,felt massive pull a few moments later and that was end of it.
    They dont tell you that in the adverts....maybe hats why they do the buy one and we will give you one free........
    Yesmate likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Got to be careful out there some of locals like to claim them from a boat as well.....

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    ......Porangahau tax.
    BRADS and No.3 like this.

Bummer mate, always a bit sharky off Ohope this time of year. Plenty get lost every year.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Found.Lifesavers saw it bobbing around and retrieved it.Legends!
    Philipo, stug, stingray and 7 others like this.

Lucky man

Lucky bugga, maybe drop of a slab of cool refreshments when you collect it.
    stingray likes this.

Bit of an aside , on a friends boat set the hook line last weekend returned to find both floats close together…I closed my eyes an know the shit show that was unfolding…half grown bronze wrapped in line turned a long line into hours of pain ..

Blessed be the Kontiki fisherman who throws money attached to a baited line into the sea and hopes that it will return with fish and his investment.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

No slur made.. but by hell you want luck on your side.

As VC would say to me …”mate if you didn’t have bad luck , you would have no luck at all”
    timattalon and Micky Duck like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by No good names left View Post
    Lucky bugga, maybe drop of a slab of cool refreshments when you collect it.
    gave a hefty cash donation to the club.win win
    Micky Duck and Sika 8 like this.