Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Made my first YouTube channel

Made my first YouTube channel

If anyone's interested in watching it, happy for you to give me constructive criticism etc. I know the intro video is a lil "bouncy", but I wanted short and action packed.

https://youtube.com/@HuntingTheHunte...rcpxb_Z7DSKrAQ
    paremata, Kimber 7mm-08 and Sika 8 like this.

Not my sort of cup of tea with all intro in your face to be honest, but gave you a sub to support the channel. go on you for getting out there.
    outlander likes this.

Intro vid is great....except for the milking of dead cow.....not showing respect....like other poster I'm not into long intro to each video...small 10 to 20 sec max, I will normally skip them or just not watch the vid....I did watch all vids, only other feedbacks be around naming spots and Identifying features....YouTube is a great place for finding spots and telling people where you are hunting, the volume of animals around and only increases foot traffic....i find people dont mention the farm or forest names on private land but happy to give public land names.....so many times I have bumped into people on there first trips to places and the only reason they are there and they have told me is they have seen it in YouTube....less walking in bush and more action.....

Sorry if it's too constructive, a short 5 min action packed movie rather than 5 mins of action and 10mins of walking and talking can be boring......its a hard one as we all do things differently and like different stuff....

Keep going though as with anything the more you do it and being open to feedback the better you will get.

Hamish

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
    Carbine and outlander like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I understand that. Will Def take it inboard for my next intro in months or so.
    HNTMAD likes this.

That was a hard watch,mainly due to the unstable camera footage.

Yea not into an intro every video once is enough, but everyone is different. I've had a channel for years its pretty basic and non techy, its strange what vids get the most hits. Just a short of my annealer going is one of my most watched ones. Wife is the film techy one and has put a few together on my channel.

Yeah, I was thinking my next ones, I won't put the intro on, just the channel logo before the video starts?
    William and HNTMAD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    That was a hard watch,mainly due to the unstable camera footage.
    Thanks mate, only just getting started, so will be focusing my recordings on what the video should have now, as opposed to just what I wanna record for memories.

One bit of advice that stuck with me in writing and video 'direction' is do what you're happy with then cut at least a third. 'kill your babies' the directors say - be ruthless!
    Content and approach-wise, not my style but I really like the honesty of the record and sharing. Authenticity is the thing. Keep enjoying the video work, lots of fun I reckon and can keep the brain in the bush during the week
    Goateater likes this.

It's certainly not easy getting any footage out hunting as everything can happen so quickly, if your freezer is empty then you want to make sure of the kill so can miss good footage and then you may be so focused on getting good footage that you miss the oppertunity to take the shot, it all has to come together perfectly to achive both a good shot on the animal and get good footage for the video.

If you can get a spot where you have enough time make sure you use a tripod so you have good steady clear footage, it may mean a few animals walk off without being shot but the footage of the ones you do shoot will be awesome and easy to watch.

Well done on starting your channel, its always good to be able to watch this stuff on a wet day.
    paremata likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Mrs will sometimes leave the rifle at home and just film. Some times your waitng around while shes getting different shots wondering wtf shes doing. Then gets home and it all comes together..
    stingray and Larskramer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Mrs will sometimes leave the rifle at home and just film. Some times your waitng around while shes getting different shots wondering wtf shes doing. Then gets home and it all comes together..
    next year will be a drone to add to the mix. Somthing that can track in the bush. would be cool to film from above also!
    paremata likes this.

just keep doing it mate, watch what others do and put your own spin on things and get your own style going on, you will find what works for you, its defiantly better than my first attempt.
    Larskramer likes this.

mpf
    Fucking good ,Fuck, I liked it ,so did my fucking mate. He said fuck ,"Im going to show my fucking wife" .She showed the fucking kids down the fucking road and they loved the bit about your fucking mate having a shit .Tidy your fucking act up for fucks sake.
    6x47 and Hunter_Nick like this.

270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.