Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mangatawhiri / Hunua access

Hi Hunt4life,the area we discussed a while ago still have a couple of animals ,mostly hinds/fawn.Quarry is where the stags hide,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by heinnz View Post
    Hi Hunt4life,the area we discussed a while ago still have a couple of animals ,mostly hinds/fawn.Quarry is where the stags hide,cheers
    Yeh, thanks Hein. That little spot we talked about is yours as far as I'm concerned mate, and your secret is safe with me. As for the quarry, anyone who can either get permission or who chooses to risk their future hunting career by poaching behind the quarry, good luck to ya

No animal has a name on it,,feel free to visit your old friend,rather one of us getting a animal than a poacher,cheers
    Hunt4life likes this.

The track at the end of Lyons road goes to the edge of Doc's land but on the right side which is all bush is private Land. We have been finding poachers on it, we have been giving them warnings but now we have installed a few camera's and if we catch any poachers well let just say no more hunting for them. We believe we know who they are just got to get them on camera.

Many years ago when I was camping there someone to a shoot at me missed by a few meters, never knew who fired the shoot.

Name:  Bush Section.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  432.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I went for a walk up from end of lyons road a few months back and there were goat skins hanging on a fence up there (maybe 6 or 7) walked round for a few hours so only find goat prints no sign of pig or deer, when arrivng back to car a few young guys came down on quad with bow in hand and they said plenty goats up there if you know where to look, so they are up there just have to put in some yards. As for deer i have a mate who lives a km or so north of lyons road and property backs on to bush and there are alot of deer up there. They tend to know where they are safe around there, switched on
    Attached Images Attached Images